- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Accounting Graduate Jobs in Victoria (VIC)
Find the best Accounting Graduate Jobs in Victoria (VIC)
Accounting Graduate Jobs in Victoria (VIC) overview
Life as a VIC accounting graduate
Graduate accounting opportunities in Victoria are centred in Melbourne, the state's capital and the second biggest city in Australia. VIC's population stands at 6,068,000 making it a populous and dynamic destination for recent graduates. Jobs are also available for graduate accountants in Shepparton and Geelong.
A comparatively small state, Victoria is known for its sports and culture and is slightly cooler than other Australian states due to its southern location, even facilitating skiing. The cost of living in Melbourne is ranked as the third highest in Australia, behind Sydney and Perth.
Salary expectations for accounting graduates in VIC
The salary for a graduate accountant doesn't vary hugely from that of other Australian cities, as accountancy is a generally well-paid career. The Hudson 2016 Salary Guide specifies the wages for graduate accountants in Melbourne in more detail, as follows:
- Graduate auditor: AUS$45-55,000
- Graduate accountant - general business services: AUS$45-55,000 (base salary AUS$10,000 higher than Sydney and Newcastle)
- Graduate accountant - corporate finance: AUS$45-65,000
- Insolvency graduate: AUS$40-60,000
- Tax graduate: AUS$45-65,000.
Applying for graduate accounting jobs
There is a multitude of opportunities available for graduate accountants online across several professions. Accountancy is a business essential for all companies, keeping demand for accounting graduates high. Applying for these roles is easy with a range of graduate websites geared for helping young accountants get into the industry. Useful websites to apply on include www.GradAustralia.com.au. As an example, current roles available at the time of writing include:
- Graduate Accountant for ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Assistant Accountant for Victorian Radio Network Pty Ltd
- Graduate Accountant for RDSA (Rockdrill Services Australia).
It's also worth going straight to the websites of large finance companies, such as EY, in order to view their current career opportunities directly.