We asked our IT graduates what questions they were asked during their interviews.
Here’s what they came back with.
- What have you learned in your IT courses?
- If you could go back, would you study the same thing or something different?
- What are the past software projects that you've worked on?
- Who influenced your life the most and why?
- What books are you currently reading? What was the last book you read?
- How many computers do you own?
- Do you enjoy playing with gadgets?
- Do you like Star Wars?
- Why did you choose to pursue a career in technology?
- Why do you like technology? What area/part of technology excites you?
- What is your approach to learning new technology?
- What do you know about the technology industry?
- How do you see yourself involved in the use and progress of technology?
- What do you like about coding?
- What do you like about programming?
- What's the greatest invention 100 years ago?
- What's the best invention in the 21st century?
- How do you keep up to date with digital trends?
- What is the general trend in the telecommunications industry?
- Where do you see the tech industry headed in the next few years?
- What does the connected society mean to you?
- What is a router?
- What is SDN?
- What is the Cloud?
- Do you know what IoT is? Can you give an example?
- Describe what a database is.
- How can someone make money using Facebook?
- What's network society?
- What is polymorphism?
- What is a deadlock?
- What’s the difference between class and object?
- Explain the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Tell me about the specific developments in the country's NBN program.
- If you were in a relay race, would you run as the first, middle or final runner? Why?
- If you were flying an aircraft full of loose jelly beans and when you landed you had to unpack all of the jelly beans, how would you do it?
- If you could fight one horse-sized duck or a 100 duck-sized horses, which one would you pick and why?
- If a zombie apocalypse started in Sydney right now, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you were given $1,000,000 now, what would you do with it?
- If you were given enough budget to create a tech application, what would it be?
- Imagine you are grabbing a coffee with someone in a professional setting and both of you genuinely want to get to know each other. How would the conversation go?