- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Business & Commerce Graduate Jobs in Melbourne
Find the best Business & Commerce Graduate Jobs in Melbourne
Showing 6 of 6 results
Business & Commerce Graduate Jobs in Melbourne overview
Projected to overtake Sydney as the largest city in Australia, Melbourne has a wealth of opportunities for graduates, reflected in its relatively young population. The economy has experienced growth in recent years and, as a result, youth unemployment is comparatively low at 13.8%.
Finding a graduate job in Melbourne
Most business and commerce graduate jobs in Melbourne are offered through graduate programs in either the public or private sector. Applications for these programs generally open in either February or March for a starting date of January or February the year after.
Graduate programs will be advertised on company websites, however companies also use job boards like GradAustralia and social media to advise on application openings. Career fairs are another good way to hear about opportunities and meet potential employers, and are generally advertised at universities.
The biggest career fair in Melbourne is The Big Meet, which is held in March. It is a free event attended by leading employers including BHP Billiton, Mars Australia, The Westpac Group and Woolworths.
Leading graduate programs in Melbourne
- KPMG’s Graduate Program – This program takes around 300 graduates each year Australia-wide in categories including Audit and Assurance, Risk and Consulting, Enterprise, Management Consulting and Tax
- Deloitte Graduate Program – The company offers an Australia-wide Graduate Program where you can select the relevant program in the city you wish to be based
- National Australia Bank Graduate Program – NAB has a program based in Melbourne in Business Banking, Finance and Strategy, Wealth, and Projects and Change Management streams
- Coles Graduate Program – The company offers a Store Support Graduate Program, a generalist program where graduates rotate through different teams over a two-year period
The Victorian Public Sector
The Victorian Public Service offers the Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme (GRADS), a 12-month program where graduates are rotated through two or more departments.
For Business and Commerce graduates there are three streams:
- Accounting and Finance Stream, which is open to graduates who majored in finance or accounting
- Economics Stream for students who have a minimum of an economics major
- Business and Technology Stream, open to students interested in program and project management, data analysis and contract management.
You can register for GradAustralia job alerts to keep you notified of new opportunities and application deadlines.