DPM&C 2017 Graduate Development Program - Canberra
The DPM&C Graduate Development Program application round for the 2017 intake has now closed. Register on GradAustralia and bookmark DPM&C to receive alerts when the 2018 application round open in early 2017.
When you apply for PM&C's Graduate Programme, you're not just applying for a job, you're opening the door to your career...
2017 GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Do you want to make a real contribution to the success of our country? We offer exciting and fulfilling work at the heart of government with career development opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
Our Graduate Programme is a two year, structured, on-the-job development programme that provides you with the support, opportunities and challenges you need to kick start your career in the Australian Public Service (APS).
WHAT WORK WILL YOU DO?
As a PM&C Graduate you will help advance Australia's interests by working across government to advise the Prime Minister on policies across the full range of government activities, and implement cabinet decisions.
You will work on matters of particular importance to the Prime Minister, social and economic policies, Indigenous affairs and national security. You may also get the chance to work on special taskforces which could include counter-terrorism, Commonwealth-State relations, deregulation, women's policy, cyber security and international delegate events. Some of our previous Graduates have even had the chance meet members of the royal family or heads of state!
As part of the Graduate Programme you will undertake rotations in each of our four Canberra-based business groups, our Regional Network (state and regional offices) and in an external partner organisation in the not-for-profit, non-government or private sector. These rotations will give you the opportunity to develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the Government's priorities, and experience the development and implementation of government policy and its effectiveness on the ground first hand.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• Generous salary and employer superannuation contributions, with the opportunity to fast track from an APS 3 ($55,862) to an APS 5 ($69,143) within two years!
• 4 weeks of paid annual recreation leave, cumulative paid sick leave and long service leave.
• A flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion or disability.
• The opportunity to work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders who encourage and support you to develop your interests and expertise and achieve your ambitions.
• Structured development opportunities tailored to your individual learning needs and goals, including formal and informal training and networking.
• Plenty of support to ensure your success, including a buddy and mentor.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for motivated and high achieving people from a variety of backgrounds and academic disciplines – anything from economics, politics and international relations right through to marketing, IT, philosophy, mathematics and science. Regardless of what you have studied, we want to hear from you!
To apply you will need to:
• have completed a minimum 3 year undergraduate bachelor degree by 31 December 2016 (degree must be recognised in Australia)
• have maintained a credit (or equivalent) average throughout your degree
• be able to obtain an Australian Government security clearance to a minimum of Negative Vetting Level 2
• be an Australian citizen
APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2017 GRADUATE PROGRAMME WILL OPEN IN APRIL 2016.