- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
How to get hired at Flight Centre Travel Group
Alexandra Hahn, Graduate Program Coordinator at Flight Centre Travel Group, spoke to us about what it takes to make your application stand out for Flight Centre Travel Group Graduate Program.
What is the best way to get into your graduate program?
There is no ‘best’ way to get into the program but we can definitely give you some pointers to give you an edge!
- If you’ve travelled internationally then that gives you a huge advantage.
- Show your authentic self in the video submission
- Keep your CV to only 1-2 pages
- Once you have submitted your application let the people you have listed as your references know you have given their details to us and that they might receive a call.
- Do your background research on our company - we want to make sure that we are right for you, as much as you will be right for us. Do you have strong leadership potential?
What about timing?
We have two intakes a year:
- January - Application dates open 01 July – and close 30 Nov
- July - Application dates open 01 Feb – and close 31 May
Our advice to you is to not rush your video submission which forms part of your application package - it doesn’t have to be movie quality but first impressions count. If you apply early enough you might be able to score a spot on our program that will give you more time to go travelling after you graduate and before you start with us.
What type of grads are you looking for?
We look for driven, resilient, adaptable and innovative future business leaders. You need to be passionate for travel and excited to deliver amazing experiences for others. We look for team players that are also willing and able to work autonomously, and if you’re a next level networker then that’s a plus.
How can I stand out?
- The simplest thing you can do is to smile. You would be surprised to see how many Grad’s apply and smile not once in their video.
- Think outside the box for your video submission – there are no limitations.
- Highlight your extra-curricular activities and what you do in your spare time that demonstrates your leadership potential on your CV. We really want to get to know you better, so consider popping in a fun fact about yourself.
What are some key attributes of successful candidates?
Our most successful graduates have done their research about Flight Centre Travel Group to well prepare themselves for their assessment day; this includes practicing a few behavioural interview questions.
The most successful of our Grads have had a keenness and quickness in understanding our retail businesses. Knowing how these businesses operate from the ground up is essential before they can step into roles that support our retail travel industry.