Hiring grads with degrees in: Engineering, Maths, IT & Computer Sciences
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, and is one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Airbus in Australia Pacific is the region’s largest helicopter manufacturer, employing more than 1750 people across 15 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Graduate and Work Experience Opportunities
In 2017 we developed and commenced our inaugural Engineering Graduate Program based in Brisbane. We had 8 x 2 year fixed term contract opportunities that provided graduates with the experience and exposure to many programs and projects on a rotational basis. Work areas included Mechanical & Structural, Propulsion, System/Software, Aircraft Structural Integrity, System Safety, Avionics & Electrical and Reliability and Maintainability (RAM). Our next intake for this Graduate Program will commence in January 2019 with the recruitment process kicking off from March 2018.
As well as our dedicated Graduate Program for Engineers we also run a Work Experience program annually for students currently in their third and fourth year of relevant study. These 12 opportunities in Brisbane and 4 opportunities in Richmond (NSW) are 6 month contracts that will run across two intakes commencing in January 2019 and July 2019 with recruitment drives commencing in September 2018.
We also offer throughout the year, graduate and/or entry level opportunities across our locations in Brisbane, Richmond (NSW) and Edinburgh (SA) within various engineering disciplines. These opportunities are always advertised externally via our careers website.
What you can expect
If you are successful in obtaining a position within one of our graduate programs, you can expect many exciting but challenging opportunities. Some of our graduate outcomes include:
- Well rounded knowledgeable junior engineering leaders
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Confident decision makers
- Completion of the Graduate Learning Path
- Corporate and systems knowledge
- On CPEng pathway
- 2 years industry experience at Airbus!
Some of the benefits of being part of the Airbus Graduate Program include:
- Competency based engineering experience to assist you to transition into future engineering roles
- Well placed transition into a permanent role with Airbus in Australia Pacific at the end of the program (where available)
- Breadth of corporate and systems knowledge across multiple business units
- Exposure to exciting technology, solutions, projects and programs of work
- Learn from and be coached and mentored by some of the best at what they do!
What We expect
Once you have been accepted into the Airbus Graduate Program we expect you to bring your commitment, passion and desire to learn into every opportunity that is presented. One of the main aims of the graduate program is to provide you with exposure to the many different engineering aspects of our business. This can include but are not limited to in-service engineering, design, planning and other interrelated functions. Our graduates commit to completing 3 to 4 internal rotations over the 2 year program allowing you to build corporate and industry knowledge and develop your business networks early within your career. It is an expectation that you will commit to the program for a minimum of 18 months before pursuing options to transition into a full-time opportunity within your chosen engineering discipline with us. Each rotation will take place under the direct supervision of experienced and specialised professional engineers who will help guide and mentor you through the learning process.
Our Application Process
If you are applying for one our Graduate or Work Experience Programs our processes are generally standardised to handle the volume of applications received for each intake. You can anticipate experiencing a similar process for each of these opportunities. Firstly you will need to apply with an online application through our careers website and answer a questionnaire about your studies, experience and areas of interest. From here you will be invited to complete a short video interview followed by an invitation to attend an assessment centre. These assessment centres take place on confirmed days and times and unfortunately cannot be changed to accommodate individuals. After the assessment centre we will commence our pre-employment checks. These will include but are not limited to reference checks, work right checks and qualification checks. From here it would be over to a formal offer and then onboarding processes would commence.
Diversity and Inclusion at Airbus in Australia Pacific
“Our differences make the difference”
At Airbus Australia Pacific, diversity is more than a buzz word. It is about recognizing that each of us have various dimensions that make us unique and collectively, better. We respect our differences such as gender, age, job experiences, beliefs, sexual orientation and cultural background, and we harness the strength of the diverse talents and perspectives that these differences create.
Airbus is committed to fostering an inclusive culture in which diverse teams perform better and are more creative. By observing Airbus on a global scale, you will find our employees are from more than 135 nationalities and speak over 20 languages.
Our Australia Pacific team is committed to developing the full potential of our employees by providing equal opportunities to all. Some ways we take action to embrace Inclusion and Diversity include:
- Airbus AP has a Diversity Committee focussed on developing and implementing our Diversity objectives. The Committee is comprised of representatives from a broad spectrum of the Airbus workforce.
- We are committed to promoting gender diversity to increase the engagement of women in the Aerospace industry.
- Our recruitment and talent acquisition practices focus on equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
- We have a Values and Behaviours framework and provide employee training and professional development opportunities in the People, Culture & Leadership space.
- Employee benefits include: paid parental leave, available breastfeeding and prayer rooms, flexible work arrangements, study assistance and an Employee Assistance Program offered to employees and their families.