About the opportunity
From the moment you join Alcoa's Graduate Program, you will be given the opportunity of a permanent career that will take you far and beyond you've ever imagined. You will grow professionally, expand technically, and become part of our community where you will be inspired and challenged daily.
Across the three-year rotational graduate program which is tailored to your needs and career goals, you will be provided with the coaching, mentoring and formal training that will help you succeed and further your skills and expertise to maximise your full potential.
You will be exposed to various networking opportunities and be provided meaningful work where you can really make an impact with your thoughts, ideas and passions that will be strongly valued. You will work alongside diverse teams and open-minded individuals that will share their journey and support you through every step of the way.
As part of our 2021 Graduate Program intake, we have graduate opportunities across our WA operations in the following areas:
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Research Science (Chemistry / Physical Science)
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- Currently undertaking or recently completed tertiary qualifications in the relevant area and due to complete by the end of 2020.
- Positive communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
- The capability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks efficiently.
- Strong Initiative with leadership potential.
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
About the key benefits
- Work within a supportive and inclusive environment that strongly values safety.
- Take part in monthly 'Graduate Days' and team-building activities.
- Enjoy a leisure day off in each four-week period to enable a positive work-life balance.
- Receive amazing employee benefits and an attractive remuneration.
- Join our social club and become part of our diversity and inclusion networks.
- Be considered for financial support to continue your future studies.
- Residential work providing the flexibility to be home each night.
- Have access to opportunities that may take you internationally!
How to apply
- Please submit your online application by visiting our careers page.
- Please note, your application will not be considered without an official academic transcript.
- Our graduate opportunities are only available to permanent Australian residents or applicants holding the relevant visa with authority to work in Australia. Please state this information clearly in your application.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
Applications close: Monday, 6 April 2020