- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
A day in the life of…
Technology Graduate at ANZ
Sharmaine Tan studied a Bachelor of Business Information Systemsat Monash University, and is now a Technology Graduate at ANZ.
- Get into work at 9:00 – I take the train to Southern Cross station and take a brisk 10min walk to ANZ Centre @Docklands.
- Check my calendar for emails and any meetings scheduled.
- Set goals for the day and block in time to prepare for meetings if needed.
- Lunchtime – Have lunch with the grads based in the same building. We are a close bunch!
- Standups – Dial into a quick 15min standup for our Grad Project (Creating a bank-wide application logging standard). This happens twice a week and we cover off what we have done, what we will work on before next standup, and any blockers/help we need.
- Meetings with a wide range of stakeholders (most times moving between buildings), Preparing and presenting our progress through showcases.
- Develop Testing Service’s Workflow Management Tool (JIRA Project) and Knowledge Management Space (Confluence Space).
- Answer questions regarding JIRA/Confluence from the Tribe, whether in person, email or teleconference.
- Teleconference meetings – Most of the team are based in Bangalore. I will join in meetings & agile ceremonies via teleconference through the Jabber application on my PC at my desk. We try to use webcam as much as possible so that we can see everyone as we talk.
- Attend strategic planning sessions for Testing Services to better understand how our Workflow Management & Knowledge Management tools can be developed for our changing needs.
- Coffee catch ups – ANZ has an inclusive environment and people are generally very supportive towards grads and kindly share their knowledge when approached.
- We are also supported by the grad program managers and have fortnightly catchups to help shape/guide our development pathways.
- Work life balance – We organise an occasional after work event for us 2018 Tech grads to promote team building and also to have a bit of a laugh after a day’s work!
Thinking of experiencing life as a ANZ Graduate? Sign up to GradAustralia to receive job alerts for ANZ.