Graduate ICT Engineer
About Our Role
The role will be a key part of our delivery team and will be involved in supporting the planning and implementation of infrastructure focusing on enterprise Cloud infrastructure solutions and how the systems interconnect with the data centre, Cloud Computing and system flows between virtualised environments and non-virtualised environments.
This position will have a broad range of opportunities to learn and gain technical knowledge of enterprise Cloud solution with knowledge of other enterprise infrastructures such as physical and virtual servers, SAN, NAS, Linux/Windows Operating Systems and cloud technologies
To be considered for this role you must hold Australian permanent residency.
The duties for this position may include, but are not limited to:
IT Infrastructure Support during Project and business as usual phase
- Support the senior technical lead on technical solution design and documentation
- Work with the global team to deploy and/or support cloud solutions, network solution, system solution and any related ICT infrastructure to meet customer’s requirements
- Provide on the ground technical support and troubleshoot technical issues for our customers
- Support and work with offshore team on the Operating System deployment or version upgrade, and /or configuration as part of a rebuild or upgrade or initial deployment
- Support troubleshooting, diagnosis and replacement of hardware and software failures
- Collection and documentation of IT-related data.
- Escalate all application failures in accordance with defined escalation procedures
- Handle INC/MAC/Deployment requests at customers sites
IT Asset Management
- Asset tagging, track and coordinate asset warranty related transactions
- Coordinate with OEM requirements and work with procurement teams on the transport of OEM devices and racks into a data centre or at a customer site
- Receiving, unpacking, manual handling, storing and transport of deliveries into the specific Receiving or Staging Area
- Provision of spare parts for INC/MAC/Deployment requests
- Coordinate the provision, definition and procurement of apps and software tools
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems 1 year of related working experience in an IT environment
- Industry certifications in Microsoft environment are preferred
Required Experience & Qualifications
- To be successful in this position, candidates need strong communication ability to interact with different people. The position requires some hands-on experience with:
- Windows or Linux Server support and administration (both 2003 and 2008/2012)
- Windows Active Directory deployment and administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2003, 2007 and 2010 preferred)
- Cisco, HP, Dell and/or NETGEAR routers, firewalls & switches
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent written communication skill and high quality of documentation
- Be a team player capable of working with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Capability to work well within a high performing technical team
To interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.