- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission Reviews
Reviews by Australian Competition and Consumer Commission graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- Everyone is really warm and friendly. There is a real appreciation for learning and management really seeks to help you with your professional development.
- Interesting and varied work involving high profile cases. Kind, dedicated coworkers. Plus working on behalf of the public for the public good is incredibly motivating.
- Interesting work
- The training is fantastic, especially in the graduate year.
- The organization places a high value on work life balance. The culture of the organization is very friendly, collaborative and supportive.
- Sometimes our resources are limited and our IT system needs updating.
- Workload is very light
- There can be periods where the work is boring.
- There are few perks working in the public sector except for a good work life balance.
What insiders say about…
I have input on matters from the earliest stage through to their resolution. This requires constantly using my judgment, managing internal and external stakeholders, project management and good legal analysis.
Teamwork is a huge part of the organization. We work collaboratively both within our teams and with other teams. I work closely with directors and senior managers and I have close relationships with them. The most senior executives at the organization are very personable and approachable so there is not an overwhelming sense of hierarchy. The organization is quite sociable outside work hours, particularly Graduate groups who are very close following the year in the Graduate program.
While challenging, the interviewers made an extra effort to make you feel comfortable. This helped calm my nerves.
I was asked what I (missing word) about the organization. Apparently responses to this question is an area interviewees seem to lack most.
Know what the organization does! If you've interned here before, don't assume the interview is a rubber stamp process. Be shiny!
We are rarely expected to work beyond our standard hours. They are extremely flexible with hours - as long as your get your work done.
Pay at the junior level is very good, but it doesn't increase as fast as the private sector as you progress in your career.
A true commitment to flexibility, plus generous leave allowances. Apart from that there are relatively few 'perks' per se.
Generally, the managers are very personable and approachable and make good mentors. They have an interest in nurturing employees' careers and helping them to excel. They give great feedback and recognition.
The graduate program offers fantastic formal training. It was significantly better than I expected.
It is not that easy as budgetary constraints limit the amount of positions offered at higher classifications.
The organisation has excellent intentions and is committed to improving diversity in the office.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...When you apply for PM&C’s Graduate Program, you’re not just applying for a job; you are opening the door to your career.