- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission Reviews
Reviews by Australian Competition and Consumer Commission graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- Everyone is really warm and friendly. There is a real appreciation for learning and management really seeks to help you with your professional development.
- Interesting and varied work involving high profile cases. Kind, dedicated coworkers. Plus working on behalf of the public for the public good is incredibly motivating.
- Interesting work
- The training is fantastic, especially in the graduate year.
- The organization places a high value on work life balance. The culture of the organization is very friendly, collaborative and supportive.
- Sometimes our resources are limited and our IT system needs updating.
- Workload is very light
- There can be periods where the work is boring.
- There are few perks working in the public sector except for a good work life balance.
What insiders say about…
I am given a lot of autonomy in working on projects and presenting them to the Board. We write a lot of papers and get feedback from senior colleagues and the legal team so it can be quite a process. I put a lot of effort into my work and I feel rewarded when my directors are satisfied or impressed.
It feels like there is no hierarchy (even though there technically is one). Senior management and commissioners communicate with you directly even at a junior level.
Assessment centre, interview, online testing
The organization has a really good work-life balance. If its busy one day and you have to stay back, you're compensated by getting to leave early another day!
The pay is reasonable - not as high as you would expect working in the private sector but certainly a large improvement from student life. The EA provides for a transparent and fair pay and position progression. Staff do not receive bonuses.
We don't get anything for free because the organisation is very careful to maintain a position of impartiality (being the public sector). But the people are great and the culture's pretty good.
Generally, the managers are very personable and approachable and make good mentors. They have an interest in nurturing employees' careers and helping them to excel. They give great feedback and recognition.
The graduate program offers fantastic formal training. It was significantly better than I expected.
Because it is a smaller agency and people generally like their jobs and perform at a high level, progression seems relatively slow. There is a lot of competition for any job.
We have a lot of seminars on diversity with respect to women, culture, LGBTI and disabilities. The organization is very committed to ensuring equality and diversity, such as a requirement that a recruitment panel be at least 51% female.
We have a lot of office space and good facilities in the building. It is a bit old and dated and the kitchens could be refreshed. The dress code is corporate however it is quite casual. We also have casual Friday.
We have different bins for recycling, paper, and landfill and comingled products.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...When you apply for PM&C’s Graduate Program, you’re not just applying for a job; you are opening the door to your career.