The Air Force Gap Year program provides young Australians an opportunity to broaden their life experience with only a one year commitment.
The program offers a 'try before you buy' experience of Air Force training and lifestyle, without any obligation to serve beyond the program period.
In 12 memorable months you'll experience life and work in the Air Force, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• highly varied work experience
• free medical and dental
• world-class training and skills for life
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
At the end of the program you can apply to continue your career in the Air Force, or use the skills and experience you've acquired to secure an alternative career path
Your Gap Year role
As a Warehouse Storeperson, you will play a vital role in maintaining Air Force capability and preparedness on base and on deployment. You will undertake a range of duties, including, but not limited to, processing base requests for general stores and aircraft spares, electronic purchasing and maintenance of funds control ledgers, operating forklifts, dispatch and transportation of material, and inventory control.
In this rewarding and varied role, you will work in a supportive team environment and receive practical training that will prepare you for all aspects of warehouse management and logistics. You will also develop a range of skills such as attention to detail, effective communication and teamwork that will benefit you for life.
Throughout your gap year, you'll be supported by professional and enthusiastic Air Force personnel who will provide the guidance necessary to achieve your goals. Better still, you'll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won't find anywhere else.'
Ready for an exciting and adventurous gap year? Then apply now!
• Fully-paid training
• Starting salary from $49,171 p.a equiv. plus superannuation, and from $65,659 p.a equiv. plus superannuation, following successful completion of training
• Numerous other benefits such as free medical and dental care, and access to sports and leisure facilities
Military training and employment training for Warehouse Storeperson is held in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
Upon successful completion of training, you'll be posted to an Air Force Defence Establishment. This includes major air bases such as:
• RAAF Base Amberley or RAAF Base Townsville in QLD,
• RAAF Base Darwin or RAAF Base Tindal in NT,
• RAAF Base Williamtown or RAAF Base Richmond in NSW,
• RAAF Base Edinburgh in SA and
• RAAF Base Pearce in WA.
• Aged between 18 and 24 as of 31 May 2019
• Australian Citizen at time of enlistment
• Completion of Year 12 plus Year 10 passes in English and Mathematics
• You must, at a minimum, hold a provisional Drivers Licence (P1 or P2).
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.