The Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) is the peak representative body for the $1.2 trillion profit-to-member superannuation sector. The AIST Super Grads program identifies and develops recent graduates who are employed with our member funds that want to make a difference to the quality of retirement for Australians and to grow their career.
There is a rare opportunity for a Finance or related discipline graduate to join CareSuper on a 12 month fixed-term contract as an Associate Investment Analyst, whilst also being part of the AIST Super Grads Program.
CareSuper provides superannuation services and aims to be the preferred choice of fund for employers of and members engaged in administrative, professional, managerial occupations across all industries. The Fund's objectives are to maximise members' benefits through sustainable investment strategies, maintaining low fees and by offering competitive insurance and ancillary products to complement superannuation savings.
The primary function of the Associate Investment Analyst is to:
- Work with and assist the Senior Manager Investments to manage the assets of the Fund and maximize the investment returns of the Fund in accordance with the Board's investment philosophies and principles.
- Contribute to the monitoring, review and implementation of the Fund's investment program. Provide input to Investment Team functions and to assist in the achievements of team goals.
In this career defining entry level role, you will also be responsible for the following:
- Data Management – specific responsibilities may include a range of reporting and data management functions such as the provision of information to rating agencies.
- Investment Research – may focus on variety of specific or broad issues and may be undertaken in collaboration with other team members.
- Manager Oversight – contribute to the monitoring and review of existing investment managers in order to assess the contribution of the investment managers to the Fund and identify issues for consideration.
- Implementation – assist in implementing investment decisions, as required in conjunction with the Senior Manager Investments and other team members,
- Unit Pricing – contribute to the unit pricing process, including assisting with checks and adjustments.
- Investment Reporting – contribute to the checking, reconciliation and distribution process for investment reports, including maintenance of the Investment Team Group mailbox and filing of relevant reports. This will include alerting team members to relevant development, requiring action, from Fund Managers advised by email.
- Reconciliations – assist in reviewing Portfolio Valuations reconciliations between the Funds Custodian and Fund Managers.
- Performance Reporting – assist in reconciling Monthly Performance reported by the Custodian to Performance as reported by Fund Managers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of financial instruments and investment markets
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- An understanding of the superannuation industry
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work both cross-functionally and autonomously
- A collegiate approach with characteristics suitable working inclusively in a small team.
- To exhibit SPIRIT
To be a recent graduate, either completed your bachelor's degree in 2017 or completing your degree in 2018 in Finance or another related discipline at an Australian Tertiary Institution. Progression towards Post Graduate Finance studies will be considered favourably.
To apply for this exciting graduate opportunity please submit your application, including all essential documents listed below, via the apply now button.
We are unable to review applications unless the three documents below are attached to your application.
- Covering letter outlining how your studies and experience meet the requirements for this role
- Applicants must bundle their academic transcript in with their resume (to be submitted as one document). Applications will not be considered if the academic transcript is not attached.
- Candidates can attach their cover letter as a separate attachment outlining why they are considering a career as an Associate Investment Analyst with CareSuper.
The position as part of the Super Grads Program will commence in early February 2019. All successful applicants must have completed their studies prior to qualifying for this program.
To be eligible to apply to the 2019 Super Grads Program, you will:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of application.
- Have completed your university studies at an Australian tertiary University in 2017 or 2018 ready to start full-time employment in early February 2019.
- Ready to start your Finance career? Apply online now.
Applications close Sunday 2 December 2018 at 11.59pm
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to complete an online video interview, followed by further interviews at CareSuper.
It is a condition of employment that background checks will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed.