Our Graduate Program provides a unique experience, offering you the opportunity to launch your APS career through:
- A development program designed to challenge your thinking and put your knowledge and skills into practice
- The chance to work on interesting and highly valued projects that support APS agencies to improve people management practices and outcomes
- Opportunities to engage with our senior leaders as they share their leadership insights
- The chance to build both professional and social networks with other graduates and colleagues
We are looking for great communicators who are highly motivated to contribute their skills and knowledge to the achievement of our strategic priorities. This includes:
- Modernising the employment framework
- Shaping the APS workforce
- Building workforce capability
- Promoting integrity
We are looking for graduates who can:
- Grasp new concepts and formulate ideas
- Build relationships and collaborate with others
- Be open to feedback and apply what you learn
- Influence and lead others
- Commit to a goal and see it through
- Step into new tasks ready to learn
- Value diversity and contribute to an inclusive workplace
- Be willing to invest effort to achieve
How to Apply
To be eligible for the Graduate Program you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to relocate to Canberra
- Have completed qualifications equivalent to a three year Australian undergraduate degree in the last five years
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Australian Government security clearance
More information about the recruitment process including what you need to provide as part of your application is available on our Graduate Portal.
As part of the application process, you will need to upload
- your current Resume
- your Academic transcript
Your response to the following questions (no more than 1000 words)
- Why would you like to work at the Commission? What area of the Commission or what type of work is of most interest to you?
- Tell us when you had to take the lead on a difficult task or situation. What strengths did you use to be successful in this task or situation?
- A fundamental purpose of the Commission, as outlined in the Corporate Plan 2017-18 is to Position the APS workforce for the future. What are your thoughts on the Strategic Priorities set out in the Plan to ensure we achieve this?
If you have questions you can call the Commission’s Graduate Co-ordinator on 02 62023807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on 10 September 2018. Please note: Late applications will not be accepted.