About the role:
GBS is offering three (3) fantastic opportunities for Accounting students to join the team as part of our 12-month Co-operative (Co-op) program. Commencing in January 2021, the Co-op program provides penultimate year students with the chance to gain experience in a real job where you can apply the knowledge you have gained at university while continuing to develop your technical and business skills.
As a BP GBS Co-op student within the Finance team, you will deliver several disciplines within the Record to Report team including Financial Reporting, Banking Services, Tax, Management Accounting and Compliance.
This may include:
- Performing Period End Close (PEC) activities (including management of reporting requirements, data gathering, business sign-off and validation)
- Managing Business Partner Organisation (BPO) relationships and deliverables
- Analytical review of financials
- Assisting with global Treasury projects
- Loss Prevention and Fraud Analytics
- Supporting tax compliance activities
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in ad hoc projects and site audits and interact with a range of internal and external customers who will challenge and develop your communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
To be eligible for our Co-op program you are:
- In your penultimate OR graduating year of an Accounting-based (or similar) degree
- Available to start in mid-January 2019 for a fixed-term period of 12-months
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have experience in retail, customer service and/or office-based work (preferable)
Breadth of competence across the following capabilities is highly desirable:
- Strong personal effectiveness and leadership skills: you can communicate purposefully and clearly with a range of partners, present ideas, manage ur time and are hungry to learn, develop and acquire new skills
- Customer centricity: a customer-first mentality
- Commercial attitude: using time and resources to find opportunities to do things more efficiently and to ensure full benefits of activity is realized
- Digital fluency: able to understand the power of using digital tools to drive initiatives forward, identify improvement opportunities and natural preference to automate work to eliminate inefficient work practices
About the benefits:
- Competitive salary package + 9.5% super
- Excellent work-life balance & flexible working arrangements
- Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity & culture
- Career development and mentoring programs in a global organisation
- Convenient location in a newly refurbished office in Docklands next to Southern Cross
- Barista training (make your coffee on our café quality machines!)
BP Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia's First people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for this role and all other current vacancies.