- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Caltex Australia Reviews
Reviews by Caltex Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at Caltex Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- Exposure to senior management, opportunity to grow, people and culture
- The exposure to senior leaders within the business. Exposure to multiple disciplines within the business. Flexible work culture.
- Exposure to different parts of the business Travel Immersed in working in projects that have an impact Being able to have a say on your rotation choices On the Job Learning Great Work culture
- The culture, the people. The opportunity to move across 4 very diverse rotations within the Graduate program, giving a holistic view of the entire value chain
- Relatively slow decision making due to bureaucratic control
- A high proportion of people involved in making tough decisions, execution of plans usually takes more time.
- Room for improvement in the technology space i.e. BYOD
- The lack of training provided for Graduates
What insiders say about…
In my current department, each day is different as the nature of the work and department is extremely dynamic and inconsistent. In other departments the pace of work has been slower and more consistent. The challenge in my role has been adjusting to the pace of each department.
Caltex really lives and breathes its values. These values underpin everything we do. In my experience I have found teamwork is definitely present (across & within departments) but I would say this has varied slightly depending on what department I have sat in. Although there is a hierarchy within the organization, the exposure I have had in different teams, and meeting various people across the business has in a sense flattened this.
Be yourself, understand the organisations values, know your resume.
Caltex believes in work life balance. If you are a morning person (which I am) you can come into the office early and leave early i.e. 8:30-4:30. But rather than sticking to specific time frames, you are measured by your output - some days you might have to work longer to achieve what you need to, other days you might not.
The remuneration package is excellent.
Managers make excellent mentors here. The feedback style is great, people who do great work are recognised well.
There has been little training, but I have been to an excel training course to build onto my excel skills
I would assume and would like to think that by doing a good job and performing well and establishing relationships with various people might at some point lead to job opportunities or potentially promotions.
Encouraging to more and more women in senior management. Has an excellent Indigenous program.
Encourage to apply for internships/graduate programs. Sponsorship of indigenous communities and events.
Environmental awareness, local/regional area support through franchise network, charitable involvement
The head office is in Sydney - it is like a traditional office, but we are having some renovations so things are about to change! The dress code is smart with casual on FridaysJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
SchlumbergerWe’re a pore-to-pipeline technology company. Working globally, often in remote locations, we invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technology.