- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Caltex Australia Reviews
Reviews by Caltex Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at Caltex Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- Exposure to senior management, opportunity to grow, people and culture
- The exposure to senior leaders within the business. Exposure to multiple disciplines within the business. Flexible work culture.
- Exposure to different parts of the business Travel Immersed in working in projects that have an impact Being able to have a say on your rotation choices On the Job Learning Great Work culture
- The culture, the people. The opportunity to move across 4 very diverse rotations within the Graduate program, giving a holistic view of the entire value chain
- Relatively slow decision making due to bureaucratic control
- A high proportion of people involved in making tough decisions, execution of plans usually takes more time.
- Room for improvement in the technology space i.e. BYOD
- The lack of training provided for Graduates
What insiders say about…
Varies, depends on the rotation and the outputs that are required
Very friendly, supportive people that are interested in your development and always happy to help at work. Fun and social people outside of work.
Interview process involved a number of behavioral questions with specific reference to my past job experience. I initially had to complete an online assessment which was actually in the form of a theme park game which was actually quite fun! Also attended an assessment center where I participated in group discussions, writing emails and interview questions.
Questions around challenges I had faced, what my hobbies were, how I would approach certain situations, previous job experience, conflict resolution.
Be true to yourself. Believing in your own abilities brings confidence naturally. Be genuine. Be prepared for behavioral questions. Think of times in your life that you can use as examples to apply to specific behavioral questions.
Very flexible - current role is sufficiently demanding of additional hours to keep up with workstream
Could be clearer on the salary progression over the graduate program and at the end of the program.
Quite accessible and amazing mentors!
I've attended various training programs depending on the manager I have had at the time. The training programs I have got the most value out of are the ones that challenge traditional thinking and problem solving.
I would assume and would like to think that by doing a good job and performing well and establishing relationships with various people might at some point lead to job opportunities or potentially promotions.
From my perspective Caltex is fantastic at promoting women. A new initiative started last year called "women in the fuel industry" this was a great forum to establish relationships with other women in the industry as well as men.
We have an indigenous program that attracts talent nationally. Some of Caltex's graduates have come through this program.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
SchlumbergerWe’re a pore-to-pipeline technology company. Working globally, often in remote locations, we invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technology.