- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Application Process & Interviews at Caltex Australia
- Average rating for Recruitment, based on 7 reviews8.7 / 10
Please describe the interview process and assessments.
Phone interview, group interview, individual assessments, one-on-one senior management interview
Interview process involved a number of behavioral questions with specific reference to my past job experience. I initially had to complete an online assessment which was actually in the form of a theme park game which was actually quite fun! Also attended an assessment center where I participated in group discussions, writing emails and interview questions.
1) Online assessment 2) Assessment Centre - Group Case study, Individual Case study and presentation of it, behavioural interview 3) Online assessment 4) Final interview
What questions were you asked in your interviews?
Questions around challenges I had faced, what my hobbies were, how I would approach certain situations, previous job experience, conflict resolution.
Behavioural based questions
Do you have any specific tips and advice for candidates applying to your company? How would you recommend they best prepare?
Be true to yourself. Believing in your own abilities brings confidence naturally. Be genuine. Be prepared for behavioral questions. Think of times in your life that you can use as examples to apply to specific behavioral questions.
Be yourself, understand the organisations values, know your resume.
Research about the company and why you would like to work there - that is a given.