- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Diversity at Cochlear
- Average rating for Diversity, based on 9 reviews9.0 / 10
Please provide further information on diversity with respect to women, ethnic minorities and LGBT. Please comment on issues such as recruitment, retention, promotion, child care, maternity leave, etc.
I have never felt that the company chooses people based on their race/gender etc. Many people go on long maternity leave stints and return to part time positions. Work hours are very flexible and this helps people with families. Managers respect that family and work/life balance is important.
They do initiatives to encourage women to enter engineering related fields, outside of this I don't really know. I certainly don't know of any discrimination against, but as for actively encouraging diversity i don't know.
Very respectful workplace and very welcoming. Being engineering, there are more men than women. There is A LOT of cultural diversity.
No discrimination observed
Adoption, paternity and maternity leave are provided. Achieving a gender balance is not common in engineering, however Cochlear has a gender balance that is well above average.