As a graduate in the R&D department, you will be involved in exploring cutting edge analytical and bioprocessing techniques. You will focus on producing high yielding; high throughput processes which deliver novel, safe and efficacious biotherapies to patients. In addition to experimental work, you will also be exposed to all aspects required to bring an idea to fruition, including intellectual property considerations, process practicality and scalability, the need to comply with quality and regulatory standards, and the components of technology transfer.
You will have the chance to:
- Devise and execute scientific experiments to evaluate new bioprocessing options.
- Develop new sensitive and high throughput analytical methodology for product characterisation and establishing process comparability.
- Work with the Engineering group to establish new R&D facilities and implement new technology and liaise with Manufacturing, Quality and Regulatory departments to implement process improvements.
- Interact with the IP department to establish freedom to operate (FTO) for proposed work and capture intellectual property arising from experimental work
Our program is a chance for you to work alongside and learn from a diverse group of professionals who are leaders in their field. As a CSL Graduate you will be given:
- Tailored rotations
- Practical experience
- Real projects with real responsibilities
- On-the-job technical training
- Exposure to various teams and functions across the business
- Structured coaching and regular performance feedback
- Focused career development
- Specialist development activities
At CSL, we recognise the importance of having highly skilled and committed employees, our structured two-year development program is focused on growing your personal and professional skills from the moment you join our program including:
- Graduate specific orientation plan
- Ongoing exposure to senior leaders
- Graduate Alumni Program
- Buddy Program
- Mentoring Program with a senior leader
- Building Competencies & Individual profiling learning
- Business Innovation Challenge
- Career Transition
What we are looking for:
- Your ability to drive results and exceed expectations
- Your ability to demonstrate self-awareness
- Your capability to adapt to change
- Effective communication and the capacity to work collaboratively
- Your ability to clearly express your technical knowledge
- Applicants for the R&D stream must complete their postgraduate qualification, such as honours and masters, or have their PhD conferred by January 2021.