- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Reviews
Reviews by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.9GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at Deluxe Entertainment Services Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- Very good office amenities
- The culture. Everyone is a friend and knows you by names.
- Open communication between staff allowing for good training and a pleasant working environment
- Deluxe is very supportive and help staff to grow and develop professionally. The atmosphere is fantastic and makes it enjoyable to come to work every day.
- I love the team, the prestige of Deluxe and the opportunities to grow and become a valued member of the film industry.
- General lack of organisation, especially in regard to staffing, and technology issues.
- Location. It is SO far away from the city centre and buses are just, the worst. There is no where to go before/after work or during lunch.
- Getting used to 12-hour day/night shifts
What insiders say about…
Quality testing films for cinema viewing. Checking video, audio, localization among other things and compiling relevant paperwork and emails for those projects.
The teams are really small, so you get to know everyone you work with very well, and there is a very cooperative atmosphere. Management is always kind and very approachable and spend a lot of time interacting with their teams. The company is very social with monthly activities such as drinks and birthday celebrations.
Some were personal/behavioural questions, and then some technical, job-specific questions.
Just be you. Your personality and attitude are far more important than what you know.
Being shift work, hours are very rigid, and some shifts contain long periods with not much work to do. Also quite long (9-10 hours on average).
Deluxe has a simple yearly pay rise of 2% to account for inflation. Other pay rises are mainly about rising through the ranks and taking on more responsibility. This is encouraging if you wish to keep progressing but if you enjoy the one job then it might not be ideal
Free tickets for films, premiers and normal screenings, are quite common. There are also regular social events at the end of the month for a few drinks outside of work.
Managers are always accessible via email and you can arrange one on one times when you need to. Your immediate seniors are nearly always available particularly during your training
In my case was done very hastily.
Most likely a discussion you have when your contract is close to expiring.
Deluxe has a high commitment to promoting diversity and training to any persons. As an international company, Deluxe ensures that it is diverse, ahead of the times and equal to all, empowering any group (in Sydney, we just had a woman in the workforce lunch), safeguarding those at risk (particularly with legal training) and will continue to do this to greater lengths.
During the application, they ask regarding backgrounds.
I personally haven't worked on anything, but Deluxe continually endeavors to be a part of social movements and use sustainable technology and resources.
The office is open plan so encourages a lot of chatter and collaboration. The space is beautiful and very enjoyable to work in. The kitchen is large and used as a great place for social gatherings. The dress code is very relaxed, mostly comprising of jeans and a t-shirt.
We collect the beer bottles after beer o'clock and recycle them.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...The Qantas Group sits at the heart of the fast moving, challenging and exciting aviation and travel sector.