The Department of Education and Training is responsible for national policies and programs that help Australians access quality and affordable early child care and childhood education, school education, higher education, vocational education and training, international education and research.
Workplace diversity and inclusion is vitally important in creating a productive and harmonious environment for people to work. The department recognises and embraces the diversity that each employee brings to the workplace, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect and appreciation.
We work to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees and employees with disability. We also focus on other diversity groups on the basis of: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, intersex status, language, cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Many of our policies and programs celebrate diversity and tackle discrimination and bullying, and we continue to build on these initiatives through our Diversity Champion, Indigenous Champion, Indigenous Leader, Employee Support Officers (ESO) and Employee Networks.
As a graduate in our department, we will offer you:
- An opportunity to grow your career through diverse experiences and exposure to our business and our people
- Access to professional development and on-the-job learning activities
- A workplace culture that is supportive, flexible and rewarding
- The opportunity to participate in multiple employee networks, peer support and mentoring relationships
- Excellent employment conditions with competitive remuneration, superannuation and employee entitlements
- A supporting work environment that recognises and appreciates your lifestyle
We are looking for graduates with ANY DEGREE that are ready to work in a fun and innovative organisation. We value your skills, knowledge and experience and are committed to supporting you Discover your Future!