Our vision is to enable growth and productivity for globally competitive industries. To help realise this vision, the department has four key objectives: supporting science and commercialisation, growing business investment and improving business capability, streamlining regulation and building a high performance organisation.
The Australian Government’s vision is for an agile economy, capitalising on Australia’s commercial and scientific strengths.
Central to this vision is the need for strong, self-reliant and innovative businesses.
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science contributes to this vision by facilitating the growth and productivity of globally competitive industries.
We also support: scientific capability; strong science, technology, engineering and mathematics skills; and science literacy, as critical requirements for productivity and economic growth.
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Graduate Development Programme is a two year programme. We accept all disciplines of study, so there are numerous opportunities available letting you use the skills and knowledge you gained through university and work experience.
Choose your future at Industry, Innovation and Science! We offer you;
- a two year programme
- specialised on-the-job training
- four work placements to experience the diversity of roles and responsibilities across the department
- advancement to APS 5 after the first year on the programme
- the opportunity to collaborate with other graduates on a major project, tackling real-life policy issues, engaging with our stakeholders, and presenting your findings to the Department’s Executive
- a Post Graduate Qualification in the form of a Graduate Certificate in either Economics or Management
- a previous graduate buddy to offer support as you settle in and provide advice on how to make the most of the programme
- a dedicated team to support you throughout the programme
- a commitment to continuing professional development after the graduate programme.
We offer graduates positions in the following areas:
- generalist pathway
- Professional Pathway – Accounting
- Professional Pathway – ICT
We support Diversity
The department takes a pro-active and innovative approach in creating a flexible and inclusive employment environment that values and utilises the contribution of people of different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and abilities. We acknowledge the skills and perspectives that people may bring to the workplace because of their gender, age, language, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation and work and life experiences. We recognise that the diversity of our people is, and rightly should be, one of our greatest strengths.
In particular, applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.