- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Department of Industry, Innovation & Science Reviews
Reviews by Department of Industry, Innovation & Science graduate employees
- Being involved in government processes and implementation of policy. The culture of this department is great- there's good work/life balance and people are generally lovely. There's also a wide breadth to be involved in lots of different areas.
- The hours, job security and development opportunities.
- Currently, it's the six month rotations. I get to see a range of diverse areas to build up my knowledge of what our department does.
- work life balance and the opportunity that Grads are given
- The Department is doing some of the most exciting and interesting work happening in federal government at the moment. It's also one of the most social and fun departments, with lots of events, clubs, sports and organisations to get involved with. The two year graduate program with longer rotations means you actually get to settle in and really contribute to your team's work. You get a more accurate feel for the divisions you work in and a better idea of where you want to end up.
- Sometimes government can be frustratingly bureaucratic, and processes don't work as logical as they might in industry.
- Bureaucracy can test your patience. Constant Minister changes (not their fault though). Enacting the policies of a political persuasion you might not be in support of.
- The high likelihood that you will be impacted by a Machinery of Government change - its a bit of an adventure, just be prepared for the possibility