Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
There’s a reason why the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development was voted as the number one Government Employer and ranked 5th overall in the Top 75 Graduate Employers of Australia (AAGE, 2015). It’s because as a graduate you are the driver of change, you get to try new things and are not pigeonholed by your degree. Our program is flexible and our work is diverse. It’s Your Vision, Australia’s Future!
Remember when you started your degree and you had a vision? You may have been thinking you wanted to change the world or just your neighbourhood. Our Department provides the opportunity to influence the kind of society we live in. Our work impacts Australia’s economy, policies, infrastructure, security, and development.
About the Department:
We manage projects and programmes which you’ll often hear about in the media because of their impact on the community. Projects such as the Western Sydney Airport, Norfolk Island reforms, transport security, Inland Rail, the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme, and many others are projects that you could work on in your graduate year!
Our Graduate Development Program:
Maybe you’re wondering whether your degree is the right fit. We are looking for a range of talents and capabilities, and as a generalist program we take any and all degrees. Our 11 month Graduate Development Program offers you many amazing benefits:
- Complete three rotations - get exposed to diverse, challenging and interesting work. You even have a say on where you will be placed!
- Go on an interstate Industry Tour – meet with various stakeholders and learn more about what we do on the ground.
- Complete a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration and other training opportunities to support your future career progression. Upon successful completion of the program, gain a permanent promotion from APS3 (current salary around $54,000) to APS5 (current salary around $67,000) – gain more responsibilities, higher level of work and possibly supervisory tasks.
- Work with some of the best in the business.
- Gain opportunities for growth, development and career flexibility.
- Work in a diverse and supportive workplace.
It’s Your Vision, Australia’s Future! Applications open 29 February 2016. See our website for more details and to apply.