- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by DIAGEO graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.7GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at DIAGEO. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- I get to work on some of the biggest and most loved brands in our industry
- The incredible work culture, the brands we work on and the focus on developing individuals to be the best they can possibly be
- The people you work with are great
- The people we work with is the best thing. I have a fantastic team and a great leader
- The culture and focus on being yourself, as well as the ability to move around different teams and gain cross-functional experience
- In peak selling periods like the lead up to Christmas, working in field sales can mean longer hours
- As a marketing grad, you’re required to do a rotation in the commercial function so that you get an understanding of the sales/marketing mix; normally this is a field sales role
- During my time with Diageo I’ve seen a lot of structural changes as the business streamlines the way we operate
What insiders say about…
I own a territory and am an account manager for all independent bottle shops, bars, and restaurants in that area (Sydney Northern Beaches). There is a lot of selling, contract negotiation, relationship management, and admin in this role.
We are great when it comes to cross-functionality and connecting across departments/teams. Diageo is very results driven and have introduced more structured performance metrics to measure how we are performing in our roles. This can sometimes feel overwhelming, but the challenge is great and I’ve learnt that if you get stuck in and seek support from your peers anything is possible and the learning growth is huge. Socially we are very good - having a fully functioning cocktail bar open on Thursdays and Fridays in the office definitely does a lot to bring people together at the end of the week and catch up/unwind.
Culture test online (scenarios and your thoughts/actions); online interview with two industry related questions at the end; assessment centre (full day in the office doing industry related activities with fellow peers)
We were given scenarios throughout the day of the assessment centre - such as how we would react to different situations with customers, fellow peers and strategy questions related to the future of the company
Confidence - have a chat to people and have a laugh!
Hours are generally 8am-5:30pm. Quite flexible for your individual requirements.
We have fairly average pay in comparison to friends in similar industries, however the bonus is very good.
We have an alcohol allowance of $800 per year
Great mentors, open door policy and really willing to help out
We have a range of formal training programs which teach us the Diageo principles, a few times per year
It is quite a lean structure so it can be difficult, however if you are a strong performer the business will ensure you are giving the learning and development opportunities you need.
The business is focussed on its diversity and inclusion agenda at the moment and are working really hard to embed a diverse and inclusive culture
I am an ambassador for our "Drink IQ" programme that promotes responsible drinking by educating people on healthy drinking habits and how to have a safe night out. We run this both internally and externally (to corporates like law firms or NRL teams etc.) and take our commitment to drink responsibly seriously.
Beautiful office on Sydney Harbour with amazing in-office bar, rooftop and close to public transport
We do have recycling initiatives and make the effort to reduce paper waste, but I think we could do more hereJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Experience a Graduate Program that’s personalised and committed to helping you grow, not just professionally but personally too.The world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. We have more than 2,000 brands, from global icons to local favourites.