- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by DIAGEO graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.7GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at DIAGEO. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- I get to work on some of the biggest and most loved brands in our industry
- The incredible work culture, the brands we work on and the focus on developing individuals to be the best they can possibly be
- The people you work with are great
- The people we work with is the best thing. I have a fantastic team and a great leader
- The culture and focus on being yourself, as well as the ability to move around different teams and gain cross-functional experience
- In peak selling periods like the lead up to Christmas, working in field sales can mean longer hours
- As a marketing grad, you’re required to do a rotation in the commercial function so that you get an understanding of the sales/marketing mix; normally this is a field sales role
- During my time with Diageo I’ve seen a lot of structural changes as the business streamlines the way we operate
What insiders say about…
Financial reporting at each month's end of brands, products and customer performance.
We are great when it comes to cross-functionality and connecting across departments/teams. Diageo is very results driven and have introduced more structured performance metrics to measure how we are performing in our roles. This can sometimes feel overwhelming, but the challenge is great and I’ve learnt that if you get stuck in and seek support from your peers anything is possible and the learning growth is huge. Socially we are very good - having a fully functioning cocktail bar open on Thursdays and Fridays in the office definitely does a lot to bring people together at the end of the week and catch up/unwind.
Quite challenging - a range of online quizzes, online interviews, online test and an all-day workshop with the final graduates
Business case studies, one-on-one interview about job experience, challenges etc.
My work hours are quite standard, usually 7:45am - 5:30pm.
The pay package is very satisfying at Diageo, but in the graduate program you do commit to a capped salary progression for three years so by your third year you can feel under compensated for the work you're doing. That being said, the experience, training, and development you get through the program is unbelievably good so I am happy with the trade-off.
Summer hours - during the summer months the office closes at 3pm on Fridays, allowing people to get to the beach or go home and spend more time with family and friends. It is expected that you work an extra few hours Mon-Thurs to compensate for the early finish but it is an amazing perk.
Managers are really accessible - we have a fantastic Marketing, Commercial, Finance and Supply leadership team who we are able to interact with at a junior level
We have a range of formal training programs which teach us the Diageo principles, a few times per year
From my short experience, and speaking to colleagues, it does seem difficult for some employees to move up the ranks once they reach a mid-level role and are looking for a senior role.
The business is focussed on its diversity and inclusion agenda at the moment and are working really hard to embed a diverse and inclusive culture
Clean water programs in Africa, DrinkIQ programs to encourage safe drinking and training of bar staff to understand products and gain employment
Office space is light and airy and great location just down the road from North Sydney (easily accessible by bus, train, or even ferry down the road). We also have a car park that operates on a rotational roster - you get a spot for a month every 2-3 months. We have a great rooftop that overlooks the whole harbour and city, as well an amazing bar with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city as well. The dress code is smart casual which makes it a relaxed environment.
Recycling and water usage in the distilleryJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Experience a Graduate Program that’s personalised and committed to helping you grow, not just professionally but personally too.The world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. We have more than 2,000 brands, from global icons to local favourites.