- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by DIAGEO graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.7GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at DIAGEO. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- I get to work on some of the biggest and most loved brands in our industry
- The incredible work culture, the brands we work on and the focus on developing individuals to be the best they can possibly be
- The people you work with are great
- The people we work with is the best thing. I have a fantastic team and a great leader
- The culture and focus on being yourself, as well as the ability to move around different teams and gain cross-functional experience
- In peak selling periods like the lead up to Christmas, working in field sales can mean longer hours
- As a marketing grad, you’re required to do a rotation in the commercial function so that you get an understanding of the sales/marketing mix; normally this is a field sales role
- During my time with Diageo I’ve seen a lot of structural changes as the business streamlines the way we operate
What insiders say about…
Great responsibilities that have the right level of challenge and support to grow
Relatively flat hierarchy, strong relationships and positive energy. Being a drinks company, it's a social working environment and enjoy socialising during after work.
The interview process was quite long, and involved online questioning, online interviews and an all-day assessment
We have four different interviews on the assessment day with approximately 7-10 questions per interview
It would be best to prepare by researching the overview state of the alcohol industry, the Diageo brands and campaigns and the area of work you're applying for
Work hours can fluctuate depending on the level of work you have on. Overall, the business is quite flexible, allowing us to play sport at lunchtimes, and to leave early or get in late if you have an appointment, or to work from home occasionally if you need to.
Extremely accessible, there are no teams that I know of in our office where you aren't getting daily contact with your line manager. There is great access to senior management as well, I am totally comfortable walking into the marketing directors' office without an appointment if I need to speak to him about something.
Our sales curriculum is second to none, it's taught me more commercial acumen in three weeks than I learned in three years at university
From my short experience, and speaking to colleagues, it does seem difficult for some employees to move up the ranks once they reach a mid-level role and are looking for a senior role.
The business is focussed on its diversity and inclusion agenda at the moment and are working really hard to embed a diverse and inclusive culture
Clean water programs in Africa, DrinkIQ programs to encourage safe drinking and training of bar staff to understand products and gain employment
Office space is light and airy and great location just down the road from North Sydney (easily accessible by bus, train, or even ferry down the road). We also have a car park that operates on a rotational roster - you get a spot for a month every 2-3 months. We have a great rooftop that overlooks the whole harbour and city, as well an amazing bar with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city as well. The dress code is smart casual which makes it a relaxed environment.
As mentioned earlier, the company focuses highly on reducing the carbon footprint through all of our manufacturing plantsJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Experience a Graduate Program that’s personalised and committed to helping you grow, not just professionally but personally too.The world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company. We have more than 2,000 brands, from global icons to local favourites.