- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Downer Group Reviews
Reviews by Downer Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at Downer Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The excellent safe working culture which prioritizes physical safety as well as the flexibility to facilitate a healthy lifestyle.
- Graduates are taken care of very well and attend graduate development courses which provides insight into how to be the best person you can be and allows you to meet and socialise with other graduates
- Diverse opportunities for growth
- The opportunities are not predefined and you have control over the choice of the 6-month rotations, this includes moving sites/cities and exposure to different levels.
- can work in the major project
- Aging workforce.
- Large company makes it hard to familiarise yourself with each aspect of the business and people in other departments
- Can be unorganized
- Lack of young people
- The lack of definition sometimes means it is not always clear what you are to support or learn.
What insiders say about…
As a power system engineer I am able to practice what I was taught at university in a very practical way including site visits and office work which includes design, review and testing of real world power generation and distribution systems, ranging from small to large projects
In general the company is flexible and understanding of commitments. They are super friendly and helpful at all times, been motivated to help you learn. It is an understanding that you get out what you put in with this company.
Screening call followed by assessment centre
About my experience and a few behavioural questions
Know why you want to work for the company and why you want the specific role.
Company is flexible as to when I work which is great. On average I work 50 hr weeks
Pay as a graduate engineer is within the average of other companies
Private health insurance discount, free admission/accommodation to inter-state conferences and trainings sometimes
Excellent mentors by senior leaders in Utilities.
There have been several development workshops that have been run throughout the graduate program focused on leadership, relationships and effective communication. This has supported the day-to-day training that you get on the job. I have also been fortunate enough to do training in project management and working towards Cert IV in Project Management.
During my graduate training (lasting roughly 2 years) I will still be awarded small pay increases and plenty of opportunities to network with others
Not really relevant to me personally but I know my company Definity tries to achieve diversity and protects every individual.
Many programs are setup in areas with low socio-economic status that encourage people from those areas to join the team
The organisation has opportunities such as the Jawun Program and runs charity drives and initiatives such as Movember. Zero Harm is at the core of what the organisation does which includes sustainability. Not as many external volunteering initiatives as some corporate organisation.
Site specific, but generally quite comfortable working conditions.
Downer has environmental standards which they adhere to. There is also a separate set of environmental principles which Downer staff are required to uphold.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Fulton HoganAt Fulton Hogan we aim to get the best, grow the best, keep the best and be the best.
Mott MacDonaldIt’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t just find a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future. You’ll help make the world you love.
LendleaseAt Lendlease we create the best places. Whether that’s funding a project or developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure.