- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Downer Group Reviews
Reviews by Downer Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at Downer Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The excellent safe working culture which prioritizes physical safety as well as the flexibility to facilitate a healthy lifestyle.
- Graduates are taken care of very well and attend graduate development courses which provides insight into how to be the best person you can be and allows you to meet and socialise with other graduates
- Diverse opportunities for growth
- The opportunities are not predefined and you have control over the choice of the 6-month rotations, this includes moving sites/cities and exposure to different levels.
- can work in the major project
- Aging workforce.
- Large company makes it hard to familiarise yourself with each aspect of the business and people in other departments
- Can be unorganized
- Lack of young people
- The lack of definition sometimes means it is not always clear what you are to support or learn.
What insiders say about…
Conduct analysis on a wide range of business aspects from competitor analysis to industry forecasts.
The culture is very different across different sites.
Because I was interstate when I applied, the hiring process only consisted of online application followed by short phone call to discuss the viability of me moving for the job. After that first round, I was called by future team leader and manager for a 40 minute interview. Decision was made after that as to whether I was successful or not.
General information about me, what I studied. I was asked to give examples of when I have shown application of relevant skills. Technical questions were asked regarding what I had learnt throughout my degree.
Learn about the company you are applying for. Think about times when you have demonstrated technical ability and make sure to act interested. Be socialable but be relaxed also
The finance month end processes require longer hours than usual (as with any company), but otherwise it would be a standard work week of 38 hours.
Downer provides me with a good wage and financial assistance when moving between rotations.
Moving expenses, rent assist (when living out of state), generous allowances taxis and flights. Downer also holds special agreements with various industries which can provide discounts sometimes.
Managers are very accessible and make good work mentors. Internal communication is presented very well and performance feedback is encouraged and scheduled.
The graduate program has training workshops and conferences which is beneficial for soft skills development.
This particular company is constantly changing with opportunities sprouting from all areas. However this often makes career progression not a clear line sight, but rather right place right time for opportunities (of which there are plenty)
They are very inclusive and give everyone the opportunity
Jawun Program Programs to encourage women in STEM
The offices are nice (corporate offices are nicer) with showers etc. Dress code is usual business dress, more formal business in the head offices (Melbourne and Sydney). Also have casual Fridays
Being involved in numerous heavy industries, Downer places a high importance on minimizing our impact on the environment and communities in contact with our work.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Fulton HoganAt Fulton Hogan we aim to get the best, grow the best, keep the best and be the best.
Mott MacDonaldIt’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t just find a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future. You’ll help make the world you love.
LendleaseAt Lendlease we create the best places. Whether that’s funding a project or developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure.