- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Downer Group Reviews
Reviews by Downer Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at Downer Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The excellent safe working culture which prioritizes physical safety as well as the flexibility to facilitate a healthy lifestyle.
- Graduates are taken care of very well and attend graduate development courses which provides insight into how to be the best person you can be and allows you to meet and socialise with other graduates
- Diverse opportunities for growth
- The opportunities are not predefined and you have control over the choice of the 6-month rotations, this includes moving sites/cities and exposure to different levels.
- can work in the major project
- Aging workforce.
- Large company makes it hard to familiarise yourself with each aspect of the business and people in other departments
- Can be unorganized
- Lack of young people
- The lack of definition sometimes means it is not always clear what you are to support or learn.
What insiders say about…
My day-to-day responsibilities provide me with challenging work and access to highly capable, senior members of the company who are always happy to provide feedback and genuinely want me to succeed.
The work culture is very open. People are approachable and willing to share their experience and insights. You're able to engage relatively easily with senior management. The culture provides an environment that fosters high performance. Work life balance is good. There are varying degrees of socialising outside of office hours depending on the team and the location of the office.
Multiple interviews with HR, assessment centre, interview with current company manager, presentation to executive board.
Scenario based and experience questions. As well as questions designed to understand your personality and motivations.
Try and be comfortable with who you are and what you can offer. They company searching for graduates aren't searching for experience. Instead they are looking for people with the potential to make something of the company, and take on projects and meld easily with their existing employees and culture.
The finance month end processes require longer hours than usual (as with any company), but otherwise it would be a standard work week of 38 hours.
Pay as a graduate engineer is within the average of other companies
Private health insurance discount, free admission/accommodation to inter-state conferences and trainings sometimes
Very, they are great supports for both my professional development and also any personal issues that may affect how I work
Within the Downer Graduate Program there are structured training programs which a scheduled frequently. These include not just technical training but work on soft-skills, mindfulness & mindset training.
The company is growing and always looking for opportunities locally and internationally, so i would say the future looks good
They are very inclusive and give everyone the opportunity
The organisation has opportunities such as the Jawun Program and runs charity drives and initiatives such as Movember. Zero Harm is at the core of what the organisation does which includes sustainability. Not as many external volunteering initiatives as some corporate organisation.
The amenities are fairly standard across the offices and sites. There are limited desk spaces at some offices/sites. Head Office locations are accessible by public transport or car. The food options vary depending on office and site. Dress code is business casual at head office and PPE on site.
Downer has environmental standards which they adhere to. There is also a separate set of environmental principles which Downer staff are required to uphold.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Fulton HoganAt Fulton Hogan we aim to get the best, grow the best, keep the best and be the best.
Mott MacDonaldIt’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t just find a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future. You’ll help make the world you love.
LendleaseAt Lendlease we create the best places. Whether that’s funding a project or developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure.