- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Downer Group Reviews
Reviews by Downer Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at Downer Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- High flexibility in terms of rotations, managerial support, learning and development.
- There is a focus on development, and an excellent workplace culture.
- Very flexible, good rewards (e.g. company supports rent for relocations). Real projects and responsibility, very important work. Make significant impact. Mentoring by senior executive management team.
- I have experienced a wide range of roles and have been able to merge my technical knowledge with my passion for seeing teams develop and improve. In all this I have been supported by my peers, managers and personal mentor (the CFO) and had levels of responsibility that have challenged but developed me.
- Outdated systems.
- Limits to internal tasks - I would've liked to work with clients and more externally involved
- Limited young workers, however the graduates have formed strong bonds because of this.
What insiders say about…
I am responsible for the continual improvement of train maintenance tasks. This involves interacting with engineering, technicians and suppliers to develop and implement new standards of practice.
Work hours are reasonable and I have been encouraged to not work too late. People are supportive and helpful, and yet encourage me to work independently and take high levels of responsibilities. After hours socialization is irregular and infrequent however has been encouraged and people are receptive.
Online application and a phone interview. An all day assessment, with an interview included in the day. Successful applicants were then confirmed that night, and were required to return the following day to perform a 15 minute presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions to the board of the company. The topic of the presentation was communicated at 7pm the night before.
It was more of a conversation than an interview. Areas of interest, times when I recognised and solved conflict, challenges I had experienced in my professional and personal life.
Be yourself, emotional intelligence is highly rated. The graduate program is looking for its future leaders.
I have worked shift work and standard hours. I have high standards for my work so seek to pursue opportunities as they arise. This leads to higher than average work hours across the business.
My current salary is generous and above average for graduates.
Cheap tickets to the NRL
Management are very open in communication. They often will offer constructive, useful feedback. This goes the entire way to the executive team - Downer has an executive mentoring program where the graduates can set meetings with an assigned executive mentor to learn from them.
There are plenty of training opportunities that's covered by the company. They're currently covering for my CA Program.
Delivering in current role, exceeding expectations and producing results
A work in progress, especially in engineering.
Not sure, but I have heard of charitable initiatives and the CEO promoting these programs.
Very nice, however, it's not based in the city and there's not many food opportunities around. Not a complete business dress code, unless you're seeing a client and we get casual Friday!
Not sure, we have environmental policies to promote green initiatives.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...
Fulton HoganAt Fulton Hogan we aim to get the best, grow the best, keep the best and be the best.
Mott MacDonaldIt’s your turn to be you. At Mott MacDonald you won’t just find a job. You’ll find the way to a greater future. You’ll help make the world you love.