- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Diversity at Downer Group
- Average rating for Diversity, based on 7 reviews7.5 / 10
Please provide further information on diversity with respect to women, ethnic minorities and LGBT. Please comment on issues such as recruitment, retention, promotion, child care, maternity leave, etc.
A work in progress, especially in engineering.
Downer has people from a very diverse background. A good example of this is the child care centre located below the North Ryde office. I have not yet experienced any person express any discriminatory views - I believe the culture is generally inclusive.
Recruitment place an emphasis on diversity
Downer employs a variety of people and excels at employing people based on their potential capabilities and developing this further. Engineering teams are involved with the Women in Engineering program.
What does your company do to attract applicants from less privileged backgrounds?
Jawan program - Downer supports employees to complete secondments with Aboriginal communities.
The company has a focus on assisting aboriginal communities through a variety of programs.