- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Sustainability at Downer Group
- Average rating for Sustainability, based on 18 reviews8.0 / 10
Please comment on your company's efforts in this area.
Being involved in numerous heavy industries, Downer places a high importance on minimizing our impact on the environment and communities in contact with our work.
Extremely important. Prizes and awards are given to those individuals and teams which put in effort to reduce the entire companies environmental footprint
Posters encouraging recycling and re-selling office equipment that is no longer useful (rather than throwing away)
Downer has environmental standards which they adhere to. There is also a separate set of environmental principles which Downer staff are required to uphold.
Strong emphasis in the projects that we deliver. There is room for improvement at the office level in terms of green initiatives compared to other organisations. The organisation has recently started a new division that is responsible for transforming waste into valuable products.
It is committed to this area although it's hard when you're involved in mining/coal space
Our renewables and power systems business is contributing to a cleaner future through the construction of wind and solar farms.