Hiring grads with degrees in: Engineering, Maths, IT & Computer Sciences; Finance, Accounting, Economics & Business Administration; Health & Medical Sciences; Law & Legal Studies; Sciences.
WHO IS GB?
Gallagher Bassett (GB) is Australasia’s largest multi-disciplinary third party claims administrator. Drawing on our global network and extensive local resources, We manage claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government and self-insured organisations.
Our story is one of innovation, commitment to quality and strategic decision making.
GB introduced the Third Party Claims Administrator (TPA) model to the local insurance industry. As pioneers in this fast growing sector, we continue to set the benchmark for quality, customer service and TPW systems across all insurance sectors.
Globally, we are the largest property/casualty TPA, with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
With offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney and New Zealand, and a team of more than 1000 claims management experts, GB provides a unique suite of claims and policy management and related consulting and technical services.
Business as usual for us is meaningful work in a fast paced, performance driven and results-focused environment. Our daily challenge is to balance commercial outcomes with compassionate care.
We help people to get their lives back on track as quickly as possible, because we are passionate about claims excellence and customer service.
OUR GB INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Are you ready for an exciting career in the insurance industry?
Our Internship Program has been recognised as amongst Australia’s best, and Gallagher Bassett has also been named Youth Development Employer of the Year in the 2016 Australian Insurance Industry Awards!
For us, the program is about building a pipeline for future talent for the organisation. For our interns, it’s about exploring the range of exciting career options in the insurance industry whilst gaining professional development and valuable experience to support their studies.
So, we’re looking for individuals motivated to succeed and keen to explore a possible career in the insurance industry.
We offer a variety of internship roles each year that fall in Claims, Liability, Corporate Counsel, Accounts Management, IT, Marketing, HR, or Sales and Accounts. Relevant study areas for these roles include Psychology, Allied Health/Applied Sciences, Information Technology, Marketing, Business, Law, Commerce, or Mathematics.
What we offer:
- six-weeks paid work experience over summer
- a three-day orientation in our Brisbane corporate head office
- the opportunity to apply your knowledge to challenging, meaningful work
- one-on-one mentoring
- relevant training and development
- a pathway to possible employment opportunities post-graduation.
Intern comments about the program:
- ‘Absolutely amazing experience.’
- ‘Great environment and culture!’
- ‘The whole experience will be very difficult to beat. I have truly loved every minute of it!’
- ‘This has been a really valuable experience. The internship is awesome to get an insight into the corporate world, creating networks, and for personal growth and character building. This has been very valuable in ‘kick-starting’ my future careers aspirations in the business world.’
- ‘I will go into future internships with high expectations now since this was truly fulfilling and wonderful to be a part of.’
- 'It was very helpful to be embedded in such an enthusiastic and supportive team.’
- ‘It was such as rewarding experience.’
- ‘I’ve been able to meet some truly inspirational people here at GB.’