- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by GE graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.6GradAustralia surveyed 10 graduates working at GE. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 10 responses.
- The people, the opportunities, the environment.
- Highly flexible with working arrangements, with the option to work from various office and from home. Offers many opportunities to move to different locations for work.
- Huge amount of training provided to us both technical and soft skills.
- Intelligent, hard-working team. Flexible working hours.
- Friendly co-workers.
- Convoluted processes, out of date internal websites still online.
- The company is very large which can sometimes lead to difficulty in finding specific people required.
- Nothing comes to mind!
- Early morning/late night conference calls.
- Difficult to understand how the organisation works in terms of organisational structure.
What insiders say about…
Financial planning and analysis, financial compliance, commercial finance, finance process improvement.
Great people, very flat structure and helpful teams!
Video interview (pre-recorded questions), come in to the office for a first and second video interview, online skills assessment.
Why do you want to work for this company, what value will you bring etc.
Research the company's different businesses.
My work hours change depending on the time of the year. There are some periods when it is particularly busy and longer hours are required, but then during quieter periods we are encouraged to reduce our hours as compensation. The company is flexible in that if you have appointments, other commitments, etc., they are very understanding. Further, we can work from home if need be to accommodate other aspects of our life.
It is very fair considering the work is far more interesting than other companies that might pay more. It is a good balance.
Free social drinks on random occasions.
Managers are highly accessible, frequently opt-in to mentorship programs and run events to discuss what they are currently working on in the business.
We have done basic pitch-out training that was piggy-backed on the other grad-program. I would like to see more pitch-out training dedicated to our program.
I think it primarily depends on whether there is a business need.
The workplace is very multicultural, however 3/4 of the workforce is male.
There are affinity networks dedicated to gender equity, indigenous rights, disability assistance and more. I have recently become a member of the GE Women's Network.
We have moved to agile! Also, we no longer have a dress code policy.
Using GE's cloud platform 'Predix', big data is used to optimise fuel efficiencyJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds & have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals & interests.