- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by GE graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.6GradAustralia surveyed 10 graduates working at GE. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 10 responses.
- The people, the opportunities, the environment.
- Highly flexible with working arrangements, with the option to work from various office and from home. Offers many opportunities to move to different locations for work.
- Huge amount of training provided to us both technical and soft skills.
- Intelligent, hard-working team. Flexible working hours.
- Friendly co-workers.
- Convoluted processes, out of date internal websites still online.
- The company is very large which can sometimes lead to difficulty in finding specific people required.
- Nothing comes to mind!
- Early morning/late night conference calls.
- Difficult to understand how the organisation works in terms of organisational structure.
What insiders say about…
My work is predominantly project based and involves a wide range of tasks which changes day-to-day.
Colleagues are friendly and genuine both in the office and after hours.
5-minute pitch-out with 5-minute preparation. Create a concept for an app that would change the company, and pitch it. I cannot remember the rest, but they were standard questions.
Practice public speaking, try to gain experience leading and participating in teams.
Depending on your manager, very flexible with hours if the work gets done, including working from home arrangements. Busy periods dictate long hours though.
It is very fair considering the work is far more interesting than other companies that might pay more. It is a good balance.
Free social drinks on random occasions.
Managers are highly accessible, frequently opt-in to mentorship programs and run events to discuss what they are currently working on in the business.
On my graduate program, I have a three-month program on Foundations of Finance with two weeks in Shanghai, one week overseas training in controllership then six separate courses on other finance specialties including commercial finance, supply chain etc. Also, leadership training in the US.
The company is very large which can make moving up the ranks difficult. As part of the graduate programs you are given every opportunity to move up the ranks and have access to the people who can help you do so.
They have affinity networks that accommodate these goals.
There are groups committed to promoting GLBTA and Women in the workplace, as well as promoting health etc.
Currently moving into brand new office which is very sleek. Informal dress code is business/casual.
Using GE's cloud platform 'Predix', big data is used to optimise fuel efficiencyJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds & have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals & interests.