- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
Role is still very admin focused, however this is necessary to bed down the technical and client focus part of my role.
Hood Sweeney's culture is one of the best parts about working here. The firm is structured into various service lines (IT, accounting, finance, corporate services and financial planning) and the cooperation amongst these service lines is used to deliver the best possible outcome to the client. The firm also has a strong social aspect with many events throughout the year.
Interview followed by aptitude testing followed by a final interview with a director/manager
Expected to be in the office 8.30 to 5.30 and occasional overtime to meet own deadlines
Pay is about average for industry, haven't been through the bonus process yet but seems very structured
Managers and directors are all very approachable and give great feedback on performance and will give incentives to show appreciation for hard work. The firm also assigns a mentor to all new employees to assist with integration and learning their role.
HS provide technical and soft skills training. I particularly enjoy the sessions where we learn how to engage with clients and build relationships as I believe these are a big part of Accounting these days.
CA required and client networking required to move up ranks.
Good with maternity leave from what I can see
Recent 30 June show was team building bicycles for underprivileged children, this was great fun and also helped the community. Directors need to complete a certain amount of pro-bono work hours each year.
Great facilities and location.
As much as possible, we try to be paper-less and have all our files scanned into our system.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...