- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
I work as a graduate accountant so I have tasks given to be my director, I have recently started preparing tax returns and financial statements for a mid size company. I also complete some bookkeeping tasks every week.
Hood Sweeney is always encouraging a social culture through holding many social events throughout the year. My team holds short daily meetings so we can communicate with each other and work effectively as a team.
2 interviews, testing and a dinner with directors before offer
Greatest achievements. How to overcome stressful situations. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
Research the company core values and see if they align with your own
We work an 8.30-5.30 day. If you think you are not going to get your work done in the proposed timeline then you may have to stay back a bit in order to finish.
Standard pay for a graduate. Bonus is offered after annual review of performance
Social events organized.
Very accessible managers
Great commitment to developing its staff. Plenty of internal training sessions covering all aspects of our profession.
It takes dedication and hard work to move up the ranks, you have to earn it but Hood Sweeney will always reward those who work hard.
Very diverse and has a zero tolerance to discrimination policy
Recent 30 June show was team building bicycles for underprivileged children, this was great fun and also helped the community. Directors need to complete a certain amount of pro-bono work hours each year.
On the edge of the city, so less local facilities, but more parking than inner city
As much as possible, we try to be paper-less and have all our files scanned into our system.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Pitcher PartnersPitcher Partners is quite unique – it’s a place where you make lifelong friends and where you feel as though you really belong.