- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
Role is still very admin focused, however this is necessary to bed down the technical and client focus part of my role.
Hood Sweeney's culture is one of the best parts about working here. The firm is structured into various service lines (IT, accounting, finance, corporate services and financial planning) and the cooperation amongst these service lines is used to deliver the best possible outcome to the client. The firm also has a strong social aspect with many events throughout the year.
I sent my resume to the HR advisor and then an initial meeting was organised with her. After this I was successful in moving to the next round, this is where I underwent psychometric testing. From there I had a second interview with the director of which team I was going to be in and after that I found out I was successful in gaining the job.
I was asked a lot about my previous workplace and role there and how it would help me in my potential role. I was also asked why I chose to study accounting and my work skills and what I could bring to the job.
Be yourself and research about the company. We have a few different service lines and teams within each service line therefore it is important to know a bit about these.
We work an 8.30-5.30 day. If you think you are not going to get your work done in the proposed timeline then you may have to stay back a bit in order to finish.
Pay is very competitive so can't complain. There is a clear bonus structure and outline of when bonus' will be distributed which is good to know.
They are VERY accessible, this is one of the things I love most about Hood Sweeney. They are always willing to take time out of their busy days to help you out and see if you're on the right track. They are constantly offering feedback and tips on where to improve.
Lots of training and strong mentorship program.
CA required and client networking required to move up ranks.
Very diverse and has a zero tolerance to discrimination policyJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...