- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
Completing Financial Statements & Tax Returns, some bookkeeping and assisting with business advisory tasks
Culture is great - during office hours it is a very team focused and supportive environment. Outside of work hours people get along and socialise well, social events are great.
The interview process involved three stages. The first was a interview with a member of the human resources team and then a second interview with a director and a manager. The final step was a dinner with various directors and senior staff.
When I was interviewed there were questions about my time at university and my grades but the majority of the time was spent talking about my work experience and commitments outside of study. For me these included being part of a sporting club, being on a committee and my time doing work experience through the CA Young Achiever program.
While your time getting the required technical knowledge is crucial, it is also important that you show that you have interests outside of your study such as being part of sports club. It also helps to try and gain some work relevant experience as an under grad.
Pretty flexible, though hard on leave before built up, e.g. sick and study
Standard pay for a graduate. Bonus is offered after annual review of performance
Social events organized.
Managers and directors are all very approachable and give great feedback on performance and will give incentives to show appreciation for hard work. The firm also assigns a mentor to all new employees to assist with integration and learning their role.
Opportunity for further professional study is great, internal training focuses on internal processes and systems along with more personal training such as stress management, healthy eating, networking or communication skills.
CA required and client networking required to move up ranks.
Good with maternity leave from what I can seeJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Pitcher PartnersPitcher Partners is quite unique – it’s a place where you make lifelong friends and where you feel as though you really belong.