- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
Providing compliance and taxation advice for client
Culture is great - during office hours it is a very team focused and supportive environment. Outside of work hours people get along and socialise well, social events are great.
Initial interview with HR representative, followed by an interview with leaders of the team you will be working in and some psychometric testing
Research the business to ensure that you know who you are talking to and how the business operates as best you can
Expected to be in the office 8.30 to 5.30 and occasional overtime to meet own deadlines
Pay is very competitive so can't complain. There is a clear bonus structure and outline of when bonus' will be distributed which is good to know.
Managers are always accessible and willing to chat. There are plenty of practices in place to give feedback and reward performance i.e. monthly meetings with managers, gift cards.
Great commitment to developing its staff. Plenty of internal training sessions covering all aspects of our profession.
CA required and client networking required to move up ranks.
HS do not discriminate, they often allow mothers who have just had children to come back part time but do not have to give up their role even if it is a manager role, this is something I admire about Hood Sweeney.
Recent 30 June show was team building bicycles for underprivileged children, this was great fun and also helped the community. Directors need to complete a certain amount of pro-bono work hours each year.
On the edge of the city, so less local facilities, but more parking than inner city
Efforts mainly relate to power efficiencies and reducing paper/printing waste.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...