- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Hood Sweeney Reviews
Reviews by Hood Sweeney graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 9 graduates working at Hood Sweeney. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 9 responses.
- Good culture, good level of personal training
- The support from all team members The accessibility of Directors, The variety of work
- The best thing about Hood Sweeney is the firm culture which is very inclusive and friendly. All the members of staff are very approachable, making it a great environment to work.
- Career growth opportunities, further education, great culture, reward and recognition for hard work.
- Varied and challenging work. Good work environment with plenty of other younger people.
- Constantly busy (not necessarily a bad thing) but sometimes too busy.
- Can be required to work longer hours during busy periods.
- Constant deadlines and budgets to meet.
What insiders say about…
Providing compliance and taxation advice for client
Culture is great - during office hours it is a very team focused and supportive environment. Outside of work hours people get along and socialise well, social events are great.
The interview process and assessments were challenging and rigorous, but very fair. They encouraged you to step outside your comfort zone, interact with stakeholders on various levels and ultimately reinforced your desire to work there.
Tell us about yourself? What are your short term or long term career and personal goals? What do you know about Hood Sweeney?
Learn all you can about Hood Sweeney! Ensure you can tell the interviewers about yourself, your interests and hobbies - rather than just focus on your university or other study results.
Expected to be in the office 8.30 to 5.30 and occasional overtime to meet own deadlines
Pay is about average for industry, haven't been through the bonus process yet but seems very structured
Very accessible managers
Tax Banter training, Internal quality team that focuses on problem areas and relays back to everyone.
It takes dedication and hard work to move up the ranks, you have to earn it but Hood Sweeney will always reward those who work hard.
No barriers here, no one discriminated against and the workplace is very diverse.
Recent 30 June show was team building bicycles for underprivileged children, this was great fun and also helped the community. Directors need to complete a certain amount of pro-bono work hours each year.
Nice office space, suit/smart dress code
As much as possible, we try to be paper-less and have all our files scanned into our system.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...