At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Server build / configuration
- OS upgrades/patching
- Event monitoring/incident handling
- Fulfillment of service requests
- Performance tuning/capacity management
- Develop server operational reports
Types of Roles Include:
- Technical Support Specialist or Systems Support Specialist
- Systems Administrator - Linux
- Unix Systems Administrator
Graduate Program Offerings:
- Targeted and on the job training provided
- Mentoring program
- Structured skills and career development
- Monthly professional development forum
- Recognition event for top-performing Graduates
- Peer support through the Graduate Network
Relevant work experience in one or more of the following:
- Knowledge or experience with technical infrastructure such as network, server or storage technologies;
- Work or university experience in infrastructure installation, implementation, design, or support;
- Project management or leadership experience;
- Sales experience; or systems support
- Automation with Ansible knowledge
- Knowledge of Redhat Linux
- MS Office Experience and Lotus Notes
What skills will I need?
- Understanding of Infrastructure environments, platforms installation and configuration.
- Experience in working in a project team environment, ideally in IT infrastructure
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication.
- High degree of analytical ability & creativity in resolving problems
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduates must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
- Have at least a credit average at university.
- A tertiary degree from an AU/NZ University, having completed the last subject no earlier than 2017.
- Have no more than 2 years (full time) relevant work experience
- Must be able to travel