IBM Procurement is responsible for the effective acquisition of goods and services that are used by internal business unit clients and deployed on external customer accounts.
The Procurement Specialist – IT role requires a driven and solutions orientated Procurement professional that can effectively execute sourcing events, drive cost reductions, negotiate supplier terms and conditions, manage supplier relationships and collaborate with internal business unit clients to meet the business needs.
This role reports to the ANZ Procurement Leader for the Global Technology Services brand.
Categories to be Managed
The IT categories to be managed include, but are not limited to:
- Professional Services
- Maintenance and Life Cycle Management
- Data Centre
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing the full end to end Procurement process for acquiring goods and services from external suppliers e.g. engaging business unit clients, developing SOW, executing RFx, negotiating commercial terms & conditions, managing supplier selection and achieving fair value
- Identifying and delivering ongoing cost reduction opportunities with suppliers and internal business unit clients to meet the business targets
- Negotiating terms and conditions into supplier agreements that protect IBM's commercial position, risk exposure and brand reputation
- Building relationships with key suppliers to yield productivity, drive innovation and promote collaboration
- Collaborating with internal business unit clients to deliver value-add Procurement solutions and enable external customer wins in the marketplace
- Adhering to business control requirements and performing operational tasks that are central to the Procurement function e.g. documentation, compliance, use of IBM tools for contracts and cost savings reporting, etc.
- Providing the necessary support to the Asia Pacific and/or Global Commodity Leads as required
About the Candidate
To be successful in this role, the candidate should:
- Have a minimum Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of end to end Procurement experience ideally within a large organisation and a fast-paced environment
- Be able to engage diverse internal business unit clients proactively, negotiate desired positions with suppliers effectively and resolve conflict in a timely manner to achieve business outcomes
- Be a self-starter who continuously seeks out alternatives to deliver an improved solution or value-add outcome and who is comfortable working in a matrixed organisation
- Value personal development and working within a team environment
- Be fluent in English
This role can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne