YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER:
During your time as a Graduate you will:
- Start with an international traineeship in our Chicago or Amsterdam office
- Focus on enhancing your knowledge and ability to operate a wide range of tools, using a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations designed by experienced traders and engineers
- Understand how trading systems work so you can support IMC's day-to-day trading activities
- Learn how automation, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery works at
- IMC, allowing us to deploy everything – hardware, software, solutions – rapidly and repeatably
- Be assigned a mentor from our pool of seasoned Trading Systems Engineers
- Collaborate with traders, quants and other engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level
- Have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment
- Develop, maintain, and improve the management of hardware and software systems at scale
What Makes it fun?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilising the solution
- We believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results we encourage everybody to gain an understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it's one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach.
At IMC, we foster a supportive environment that allows you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, even on day one.
WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange - the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you'll need to bring
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a related field of study with an overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Interest in deploying, running and monitoring applications. Knowledge of Docker or other DevOps tools a plus!
- Experience with Python and/or Bash scripting
- DevOps focused mindset with a comprehensive view of technology environments
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, networking, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Willingness to interact and work closely with Traders and Engineers in a constantly changing environment.
The Get – what we'll give you
- $125,000 + Bonus in your first year ($100,000 salary + $25,000 sign-on bonus + Variable bonus)
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn't a practice run, you'll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people
- The chance to travel – we're global, you will be too
- You will start in either February or August 2022