- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
IP Australia Reviews
Reviews by IP Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 26 graduates working at IP Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 26 responses.
- Relaxed atmosphere, secure job.
- Self-paced learning.
- Flexibility to work from home, very good WHS support, APS benefits for higher super and overall more favourable conditions.
- Enjoyable work, nice people and workplace flexibility.
- The flexibility in working hours.
- 100% computer work.
- Somewhat repetitive tasks, 100% desk job, sometimes frustrating legal aspects.
- Quite a lot of the work does not involve working in a team so this may not be a job for everyone.
- Not hands-on/practical work, desk job.
- As an examiner I encounter regular challenges including having tight timeframes to perform certain tasks, making it important to work in a very timely, efficient and methodical way.
What insiders say about…
Examining patents and working out if they're legally compliant.
The organisation is very welcoming and inclusive.
The interview was done in a professional manner. It included a series of questions about my skills and experiences coupled with an assessment of my thinking and writing skills.
I was to discuss my previous work experiences and what behaviours I exhibit during prescribed situations in the workplace.
I suggest listing out your strengths and thinking about how you can apply them to the benefit of the organisation. Think about transferrable skills that you have obtained that you can employ in your work at IP Australia.
We have a 7 hour 21 minute day, with flexible time arrangements that mean you pick when you come in and leave (as long as you do the required hours).
Steady yearly increases to salary based on performance is fair.
All relocation expenses are paid for.
Yes the on the job training is very good.
The training program is very detailed and very well run. All training is self-paced so is suitable for all experience levels and learning speeds. IP Australia also runs a number of personal development courses outside of the initial training program.
Lots of examiners, not many higher level positions in my location. Much better opportunities in main office in Canberra.
No issues that I'm aware of. The training specifically teaches toward being aware of differences and how to work with differences. The culture is the same.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds & have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals & interests.