- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
IP Australia Reviews
Reviews by IP Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 26 graduates working at IP Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 26 responses.
- Relaxed atmosphere, secure job.
- Self-paced learning.
- Flexibility to work from home, very good WHS support, APS benefits for higher super and overall more favourable conditions.
- Enjoyable work, nice people and workplace flexibility.
- The flexibility in working hours.
- 100% computer work.
- Somewhat repetitive tasks, 100% desk job, sometimes frustrating legal aspects.
- Quite a lot of the work does not involve working in a team so this may not be a job for everyone.
- Not hands-on/practical work, desk job.
- As an examiner I encounter regular challenges including having tight timeframes to perform certain tasks, making it important to work in a very timely, efficient and methodical way.
What insiders say about…
I work with understanding challenging chemical/legal concepts. My day-to-day responsibilities include meeting production targets and assisting others with difficult concepts.
At IP Australia the hierarchy bottom-up includes examiners who are APS-6 level and is followed by EL1 managers and then EL2 managers. Within the organisation everyone has the opportunity to socialise and cooperate with many people from all levels. There are opportunities to network through social events but also by co-working on team projects and work focus groups. There is an abundance of people working in the organisation enabling everyone to have many interesting meetings and conversations.
Various competency based questions.
Have a sound understanding of your competencies and how they compare to APS competencies described in the integrated leadership system as described on the APSC website. Use the STAR model in answering your questions. Don't be nervous, the panel was friendly.
36.75 hours per week. Anything extra counts toward time off.
Everyone is contactable by Lync, an internal messaging system. I sit right next to an SES (a top dog within the APS) and he's very approachable. People are all very willing for a chat and to help you out if need. Everybody has a specific supervisor to help them, but we all help each other out in different situations.
The training program is very detailed and very well run. All training is self-paced so is suitable for all experience levels and learning speeds. IP Australia also runs a number of personal development courses outside of the initial training program.
The process is fair and there are many opportunities for people to act in higher positions to build their resume for a promotion.
IP Australia has a very diverse workplace and I believe that it is a very accepting workplace of all cultures. As a woman, I have never felt discriminated against and I will have access to excellent maternity leave options when that time comes.
We have an Indigenous secondment and recruitment program.
Dress code is relaxed. Offices are cubicles with a reasonable amount of room. Facilities are excellent.
There is a reasonable focus on reducing carbon footprint (reduction of energy consumption where possible, full segregation of wastes).Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds & have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals & interests.