- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
IP Australia Reviews
Reviews by IP Australia graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.4GradAustralia surveyed 26 graduates working at IP Australia. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 26 responses.
- Relaxed atmosphere, secure job.
- Self-paced learning.
- Flexibility to work from home, very good WHS support, APS benefits for higher super and overall more favourable conditions.
- Enjoyable work, nice people and workplace flexibility.
- The flexibility in working hours.
- 100% computer work.
- Somewhat repetitive tasks, 100% desk job, sometimes frustrating legal aspects.
- Quite a lot of the work does not involve working in a team so this may not be a job for everyone.
- Not hands-on/practical work, desk job.
- As an examiner I encounter regular challenges including having tight timeframes to perform certain tasks, making it important to work in a very timely, efficient and methodical way.
What insiders say about…
I work with understanding challenging chemical/legal concepts. My day-to-day responsibilities include meeting production targets and assisting others with difficult concepts.
The organisation is very welcoming and inclusive.
Interview process went smoothly. Didn't feel any stress. Interviewers showed good qualities in terms of active listening and being respectful.
Try to get a background knowledge on the role you are applying for and prepare to answer questions related to the qualifications the employer is looking for.
You work your hours, but have access to flex time - so if you go over your hours you can take them later.
FLEX time (you can work an extra hour each day and save up for a day off). Moving expenses are covered.
Excellent mentoring, communication and feedback.
Formal patent examiner training is well organised, slick and brings you to legal and technical proficiency quickly in a work related environment.
Lots of examiners, not many higher level positions in my location. Much better opportunities in main office in Canberra.
Being APS there are a number of standards and initiatives based around diversity. IP Australia is very accommodating to individual needs.
We have an Indigenous secondment and recruitment program.
The office space and facilities are very good. Location is okay, about a 10-15 min walk away from an inner city train station. Dress code is casual as. Some people dress up more because they like to.
I believe this is local office driven. Every possible recycling scheme is subscribed to (e.g. glasses, toothbrushes, coffee pods, printer ink etc) as well as recycling and green waste composting. I'm unsure as to the power related policies.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...At ANSTO you will work with some of Australia's brightest minds & have the opportunity to shape a career that matches your talent, goals & interests.