- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Career Prospects at IP Australia
- Average rating for Career Prospects, based on 28 reviews5.7 / 10
Please tell us about promotion possibilities and fill us in on what it takes to move up the ranks.
Not here long enough to realise this yet.
Senior positions are regularly posted. Must have experience before being considered.
The process is fair and there are many opportunities for people to act in higher positions to build their resume for a promotion.
As an examiner, there are opportunities to move within sections and divisions which many people take advantage of for a bit of job variety.
Lots of examiners, not many higher level positions in my location. Much better opportunities in main office in Canberra.
Promotion is merit based and opportunities such as training and higher duties are available so that the skills required to advance can be acquired in due course.
There seem to be a number of promotion opportunities so long as you do excellent work and take advantage of a number of professional development opportunities.
Variety of positions available throughout the organisation and exchange between sections encouraged.
It can be difficult to move up in Melbourne. There are more opportunities in Canberra, but not everyone wants to move there.