- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by IR graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.9GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at IR. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- Flexibility, great culture, comfortable environment, a lot of hands-on opportunities for interns and graduates
- Constantly learning new software development techniques and technologies. Extremely friendly and helpful colleagues.
- Enjoyable work, very related and similar to my degree and what I expected working in the industry to be like. Very relaxed atmosphere, friendly environment and flexible hours.
- Not very well known among other students/peers
- Nature of the work changes frequently so it is hard to get momentum/expertise
What insiders say about…
Being a semi-large software development house, sometimes it is difficult to see actual fruits of labour - something you can point to and say "I did that". However, there is enough so that you feel like you are contributing.
Very flat structure. Flexible hours, friendly people. Playing indoor soccer with them at lunchtimes is great!
I was asked technical questions regarding object oriented programming and design. I was also asked about my knowledge regarding agile software development practices, and my ability to cope in a small team environment and conflict resolution skills. Lastly, I was asked about my goal in the short and long term.
Be technically adept in terms of object oriented programming and a programming language of choice (typically Java, C# or C++). Socially be confident but humble and able to communicate clearly regarding both technical and non-technical subjects.
Fairly flexible. I can leave work very early and complete my hours through VPN.
The pay is quite fair for the efforts given
They are quite accessible. Upper managers who do the final performance reviews are a little bit too detached to make a realistic assessment. Team leaders and mentors however are great for learning from and give good/fair reviews (although this seems to factor less)
Informal training tends to be very useful as there are extremely experienced and talented developers in the company to learn from. Formal training e.g. the graduate program is very useful as it allows the new employee to learn all the different facets of the organisation.
Upward mobility towards management is difficult as there are few openings. One may still specialize and excel as a software developer specialist however.
Very diverse company of different cultures, sex and religions.
We have company policies set in place, we hold certain events such as harmony day to acknowledge our multicultural diversity.
Conveniently located in North Sydney, close to the train station and day to day facilities are easy to reach. Office is comfortable. Dress code is smart casual.
Not that much. I personally endeavour to power off every night but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. We recycle what we can, but otherwise I'm not sureJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Google hires bright, curious people from many different fields who are all united by wanting to do cool things that matter.
IntelInnovation isn’t easy. Or quick to come by. So we continually search for tomorrow’s technology and the brilliant minds to create it. Come join us!