- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by IR graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.9GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at IR. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- Flexibility, great culture, comfortable environment, a lot of hands-on opportunities for interns and graduates
- Constantly learning new software development techniques and technologies. Extremely friendly and helpful colleagues.
- Enjoyable work, very related and similar to my degree and what I expected working in the industry to be like. Very relaxed atmosphere, friendly environment and flexible hours.
- Not very well known among other students/peers
- Nature of the work changes frequently so it is hard to get momentum/expertise
What insiders say about…
We follow an effective software development process (Agile). My role involves doing daily build bashing on the product, implementing small features that will bring value to the customer.
Colleagues are extremely friendly and helpful. The company is reasonably flat in structure.
I was asked technical questions regarding object oriented programming and design. I was also asked about my knowledge regarding agile software development practices, and my ability to cope in a small team environment and conflict resolution skills. Lastly, I was asked about my goal in the short and long term.
Be technically adept in terms of object oriented programming and a programming language of choice (typically Java, C# or C++). Socially be confident but humble and able to communicate clearly regarding both technical and non-technical subjects.
Fairly flexible. I can leave work very early and complete my hours through VPN.
The pay for a graduate is fairly expected.
Free lunches (pizzas) every month. Cheap drinks/chocolate available in the office
They are quite accessible. Upper managers who do the final performance reviews are a little bit too detached to make a realistic assessment. Team leaders and mentors however are great for learning from and give good/fair reviews (although this seems to factor less)
Informal training tends to be very useful as there are extremely experienced and talented developers in the company to learn from. Formal training e.g. the graduate program is very useful as it allows the new employee to learn all the different facets of the organisation.
Upward mobility towards management is difficult as there are few openings. One may still specialize and excel as a software developer specialist however.
Ethnically and gender-wise quite diverse. No bias is given during recruitment. Unsure about maternity leave as haven't had to exercise it yet.
Nothing that I'm aware of. We look at qualifications and skills, not backgrounds
We have company policies set in place, we hold certain events such as harmony day to acknowledge our multicultural diversity.
Excellent location (North Sydney), adequate space. Kitchen facilities, and accessible to shops and food. VERY relaxed dress code which is excellent
Not that much. I personally endeavour to power off every night but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. We recycle what we can, but otherwise I'm not sureJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...Google hires bright, curious people from many different fields who are all united by wanting to do cool things that matter.
IntelInnovation isn’t easy. Or quick to come by. So we continually search for tomorrow’s technology and the brilliant minds to create it. Come join us!