See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world's most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients' businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia's largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
As a Software Engineer at Iress, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous innovation and development of Iress Products from inception to deployment and production support. You will work as an integral part of creative and motivated teams to ensure high-quality benchmarks are met for deliveries of innovative products for global markets.
What you will be doing
- Use your creative, analytical and problem-solving skills to contribute in developing world-leading products for financial markets and wealth management domains.
- Perform software engineering tasks to ensure the highest levels of product quality are met
- Perform programming and problem determination
- Review and analyse business requirements, develop system software and system solutions to extend and enhance Iress product offering
- Develop high-quality automation test scripts to improve test coverage, product quality and time to market
- Assist in identifying product and process weaknesses and possible improvements an environment of continual improvement.
- Analyse system and production defects, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Learn from industry specialists and apply best practices to further match our customer needs
- Keep up to date with technical trends, tools and methodologies, undertake research as required
What you will need
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- Creative system-level thinking with a passion for software quality and technology
- A proactive and creative approach to solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills to effectively share ideas, concepts and designs
- A strong team player who likes to listen, help others and collaborate with team members
- Goal-oriented, and likes to take ownership of their work
- The desire to learn, multitask and meet competing deadlines
- A strong interest in learning new technologies and quality improvement processes
- Experience with any of the below (a minimum of three):
- C++, C#, Java, Kotlin, Python or other dynamic language
- Windows or linux based application development environment
- Familiarity with Developer Tools - Source control (eg. GIT/BitBucket), Continuous Integration and deployment tools (Teamcity/Jenkins/GoCD), Containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Any relational databases - SQL Server, Postgres, mysql or other data stores
- Familiarity with cloud hosting - AWS, Azure
Key Competencies we are looking for
- Drive – people who want to grow and continually develop personally and professionally
- Resilience – people who can adapt to change
- Big Picture – people who exhibit a strong sense of curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Selflessness – people who like to listen and support others
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- 3 days' leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Table tennis, pool tables, meditation rooms
- Subsidised Myki
- Up to 26 weeks' paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
Celebrate our differences
At Iress we embrace and celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.