- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Job Satisfaction at Ixom
- Average rating for Job Satisfaction, based on 10 reviews8.8 / 10
Please comment on your role and day-to-day responsibilities.
Client Communication, Research, technical reviews, project management
Wide range of responsibilities
- Process Design; P&IDs, Equipment Selection and Sizing - Report writing; Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Process Descriptions, Design Basis, Functional Control & Proposals - On-call support for a Water Treatment Plant - Liaise with Suppliers - Preparing case studies for Marketing Material
My role is to solve problems that hinder production, or produce unsafe conditions. I am responsible for running the morning meeting, checking the alarm log daily, and determining root causes of problems and rectifying them.
Currently I managed projects (new infrastructure and plant equipment installation etc.), which requires technical knowledge and understanding, as well as general management and finance skills. I have been able to design my own solutions to problems which I enjoy, but there are also more mundane admin style aspects of the role (which are present anywhere though).
I work on mitigating plant problems that arise day to day as well as on continuous improvement projects
Shadowing and supporting members of the SH&E team as they perform their duties. I perform analytical duties also and making recommendations based on the results.