- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Kane Constructions Reviews
Reviews by Kane Constructions graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.5GradAustralia surveyed 6 graduates working at Kane Constructions. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 6 responses.
- The team environment. Everyone works together to achieve the same goal, the staff are all friendly and make you really feel apart of a team and not just a number
- Quick learning curve, exposure to multiple facets of the company mean you are a functioning member of the team and not just performing menial tasks. Site teams take genuine interest in helping you better understand concepts and ideas to improve your knowledge.
- Everyone works in a team together
- At times high workloads can be difficult, but not impossible to manage - particularly if you are still undertaking study.
- Communication sometimes may lack
- Nothing Really
What insiders say about…
I have transitioned from the estimating department onto my first project as a Contracts administrator cadet. I work closely with the construction team, and am responsible for distributing documents to subcontractors, taking meeting minutes, ordering resources etc
This is the best company culture I have ever been a part of. They host annual events so all site and office staff can get together, there is a social club for cadets to meet and mingle, and overall you work closely with Directors and senior management. You are paired with a senior staff member who will train you to progress further in your role
The interview is quite standard, the questions are fair and industry specific. They give the interviewer and insight into your personality, academic accolades, and your understanding of the company and what benefits you could bring.
Why do I want to work in construction? What key strengths do I think an Estimator should have What are 3 words I would use to best describe myself How do I find working in a group I was asked to identify certain elements on an architectural drawing
For any company, it is important to have some background knowledge on them. What projects they have completed or are working on, any events they participate in. It shows the company you have a genuine interest in working for them specifically and also you should know exactly why you want to be apart of that team.
I am currently completing my bachelors degree, so I am still studying full time. The company are very understanding and supportive of my studies, so the days I come in are based around my uni schedule. Once I have finished the semester I work full time
Highly accessible. Always around for a chat, definitely approachable. Annual performance reviews allow time for feedback.
Kane does provide a wide range of programmes that can be undertaken to further your knowledge. This includes but is not limited to: - WHS Cert IV - Jobpac - Microsoft Project - Excel etc As a result of these training, I have acquired a more in-depth and sound knowledge of how to utilise and implement these programs.
After 6 months of being in the estimating cadet program, I have now progressed into a Contracts Administrator role on my first site. The great benefit of working with this company is that if you express an interest in a certain area/role they will support you and help you get there
Diversity was one of the main reasons why I chose to work for Kane Constructions. Women are respected and have been recognised and awarded for their hard work. The company is diverse with employees ranging in different age groups, genders, backgrounds and experienceJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
LendleaseAt Lendlease we create the best places. Whether that’s funding a project or developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure.McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company building better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure.