About the role
We are looking for a Knowledge Consultant to join our Knowledge team in the Sydney centre. In this role, you will provide high-level research, training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients.
Your day will involve:
- Delivering timely, high quality and cost-effective research support to King & Wood Mallesons legal and business development staff, with a focus on complex research tasks requiring knowledge of legislation and case law, business and related resources.
- Preparing content for current awareness services for the firm's internal and external clients.
- Ensuring legal staff have access to relevant legal and business resources in the most effective form according to their needs.
- Delivering legal research, business, and other training and information sessions to the firm's lawyers and clients.
What experience are we looking for?
You will be responsive, proactive and able to provide excellent, timely and client-focusses customer service and support to clients.
- High level of computer literacy including use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of information retrieval principles and methodologies
- Sound knowledge of legal and business research resources
- Knowledge of the legal industry and knowledge management practices
- Strong business and client focus with an ability to build relationships
- Knowledge of internet structure and functionality, including social media technologies
- You will also have either a law degree (or be close to completing it) with experience in a professional service environment or have an information science degree with experience in a legal environment.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It's important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. We are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. Whether it's more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
What else we'll offer
- Formal and informal flexible working patterns and leave arrangements
- Holistic wellbeing programs to support mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, gym memberships, flu vaccinations and skin cancer checks
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link and completing the online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Elizabeth Codey, People & Development Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.