- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by KordaMentha graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at KordaMentha. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The people I work with and the variety of work.
- The people are fantastic, jobs are interesting and different every time, opportunities to go to different offices in the firm if your job requires it.
- Great cultural environment and team. Placed on a range of engagement which allows me to gain knowledge about an array of industries.
- Flexibility with personal and extracurricular requirements (i.e. leave, sickness etc.)
- The culture is fantastic. All employees are very intelligent, result orientate and, most importantly, friendly.
- Can sometimes be long hours
- At the start of every job, it can be a bit hectic and overtime would be required.
- The review process
- Long hours with average pay, can have negative connotations with insolvency,
- Not enough meeting rooms and break out rooms for internal and external meetings.
What insiders say about…
Preparing letters, investigating books and records and bank accounts of Companies, liaising with various stakeholders, lodgment of statutory forms, various tasks related to trading on businesses etc.
Lots of young people and very social atmosphere. Everyone is very driven but also fun.
1. Cover letter, resume and series of online questions 2. Interview via prerecorded questions that candidates respond to by video recording 3. Group interview (4 people complete a task on an insolvent company) 5. Two individual interviews with directors 6. Individual interview with a partner 7. Coffee with staff
Behavioral based questions and general questions about my interests and reasons for working at KordaMentha.
You must be confident and empathetic as we deal with anything from angry unsecured creditors to aggrieved employees who have been made redundant. You need to be a great communicator and love working in teams.
Normally 9 - 5:30, however depending on jobs and workload, can be longer - all about communication with your team and managers.
I have received two bonuses in my two years which I appreciated very much. I think the graduate pay is very low, considering I was earning more working in retail before I completed a bachelor degree. When I was promoted at the end of my first year with the company the pay didn't go up as much as I thought it would. I understand that KordaMentha pays in line with the industry standards though.
Tickets to sport games offered on occasion.
All of my managers have an open door policy and are always willing to make time to discuss any queries or issues.
Training from various legal firms every couple of weeks, annual firm wide training at different levels. CA program paid for and encouraged. ARITA training encouraged and paid for.
Provided you are at the level you're required to be at with your work, progression and promotion possibilities are common. Usually each year or two.
We simply hire the best person for the job, no matter the sex, age, race etc. Very flexible with family issues, sickness, children etc.
Nothing as such, however they are not discriminated against. An interesting background and determination in achieving your goals will reflect positively, so less privileged backgrounds can even be a bonus!
The firm is very activity in social events, fundraisers and local issues. We are encouraged to attend fun runs and other fundraisers and be aware of social issues locally. The Townsville office donated and attended the Townsville 24 hill walk in support of suicide awareness, the 5 and 10 km fundraiser runs, the step-tember fundraises and many other events.
Good location, fair facilities. Dress code is suit and tie every day.
Emphasis on paperless office.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...