- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by KordaMentha graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 17 graduates working at KordaMentha. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 17 responses.
- The people I work with and the variety of work.
- The people are fantastic, jobs are interesting and different every time, opportunities to go to different offices in the firm if your job requires it.
- Great cultural environment and team. Placed on a range of engagement which allows me to gain knowledge about an array of industries.
- Flexibility with personal and extracurricular requirements (i.e. leave, sickness etc.)
- The culture is fantastic. All employees are very intelligent, result orientate and, most importantly, friendly.
- Can sometimes be long hours
- At the start of every job, it can be a bit hectic and overtime would be required.
- The review process
- Long hours with average pay, can have negative connotations with insolvency,
- Not enough meeting rooms and break out rooms for internal and external meetings.
What insiders say about…
My work responsibilities are engagement dependent: they vary from the mundane such as following up with clients about bills being paid to the more interesting work that we do which involves aspects of finance, accounting and investigation, including valuation based work, to dispute work (such as quantifying the value of damages in a dispute between parties) to investigating fraud and corporate malfeasance.
Lots of young people and very social atmosphere. Everyone is very driven but also fun.
Interview day (2 face to face interviews, 1 case study and networking session with graduates) then final interviews with partners.
Know the company, know the industry, know the different types of appointments there are and we aware of the media coverage which KordaMentha has received. Show that you can be commercial and able to be put in front of a client.
Can be long hours when busy but otherwise normal work hours
The pay starts low, but jumps quite quickly in the first 4-5 years. By then I would be on a higher salary than others.
Taxis and meals when working late; fresh fruit, biscuits and lollies every day; lots of evening events and functions; per diem; moving expenses.
All the managers and above are easy to approach when you have an issue, they ensure you know what is required and can also ask for further clarification if required. The mentoring program is also very effective to allow for furthering knowledge base.
Many training opportunities, both in-house and through outside service. The usual CA is supported and other qualifications may also be supported depending on individual circumstances and relevance to work.
If you are meeting expectations, you will be promoted each year until manager level.
We simply hire the best person for the job, no matter the sex, age, race etc. Very flexible with family issues, sickness, children etc.
Nothing as such, however they are not discriminated against. An interesting background and determination in achieving your goals will reflect positively, so less privileged backgrounds can even be a bonus!
I�m not sure of anything lately, however we do a day of volunteer work at Xmas time. We could improve in this area I think
The dress code varies depending on the city, however, professional/formal dress code is the usual. The office spaces are great, all have been updated/renovated and are located in the City.
Emphasis on paperless office.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...