- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by KPMG graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 41 graduates working at KPMG. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 41 responses.
- Excellent training provided.
- Great experience working with a wide variety of large corporate clients
- Regular client contact, lots of autonomy and responsibility, working amongst a talented team, variety of audits means every day is different
- Variety of work and great team. Always being challenged to jump in the deep end and learn as I go (can go well :P)
- The training provided is first class, the people you work with are inspirational, the friends you make are lifelong and the clients you work with and experiences you have are exceptional and are of unrivalled quality.
- Occasional long hours.
- Busy season is about to begin and that will mean working greater hours than is normally appropriate.
- Reward and recognition, few inter-division networking opportunities
- tedious tasks and sometimes long hours
- Being expected to do very long hours at occasion.
What insiders say about…
Varied roles in Audit and Advisory, day-to-day consists of client meetings, fieldwork and reporting.
There's a fantastic work culture and higher-ups still communicate with recent graduates and are involved in after work drinks etc. The other grads that started with me have become good friends and there's plenty of socialising amongst colleagues in other divisions.
Fairly standard interview questions about how I could fit into the culture/vision of the company? What I studied and why I studied that? What I am looking for at the company/for my career?
Read the company website thoroughly. Have an understanding of the division/team you have applied for and the overall vision/values of the company. You will be asked questions about the values and how they relate to you.
Work hours can be a lot during busy season when there are deadlines. The company is good about giving you study time for CA and realising that even one night a week of not working super late can really help you.
No bonuses that I've heard of and the starting salary is good not amazing.
Mostly very good. A couple of people need to improve their management skills
Training is extensive and well supported with both instructor-led courses and online training.
You cannot move up the ranks until the additional tax qualification is completed successfully and you have worked for the company for 2-3 years. They are currently changing the promotion model for consultant to senior consultant which will see exceptional candidates move from consultant to senior consultant within 1.5-2 years.
Quite good - part time, mothers, different ethnicities and women in the work place. Could be more women as partners and within management though.
Corporate citizenship program; offers several initiatives/projects - too many to name. Always opportunities for those who are willing to offer their time.
It is a very nice office, not quite as good as some similar companies, but no complaints. The dress code is quite strict, but necessary
Moving towards paper free workplace. Recycling bins available.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...At EY, we’ll give you the flexibility to explore different opportunities, so you can create a career that matches your professional goals.