- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by KPMG graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 41 graduates working at KPMG. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 41 responses.
- Excellent training provided.
- Great experience working with a wide variety of large corporate clients
- Regular client contact, lots of autonomy and responsibility, working amongst a talented team, variety of audits means every day is different
- Variety of work and great team. Always being challenged to jump in the deep end and learn as I go (can go well :P)
- The training provided is first class, the people you work with are inspirational, the friends you make are lifelong and the clients you work with and experiences you have are exceptional and are of unrivalled quality.
- Occasional long hours.
- Busy season is about to begin and that will mean working greater hours than is normally appropriate.
- Reward and recognition, few inter-division networking opportunities
- tedious tasks and sometimes long hours
- Being expected to do very long hours at occasion.
What insiders say about…
I go out on audits of businesses, mostly to perform testing and substantive procedures.
Reasonable hours, work in teams on a daily basis with supportive colleagues. Good level of socialising amongst colleagues of all levels. However, little interaction between partners and lower level employees
Two one-on-one interviews with online assessments such as reading, logical and numerical. Video recording of a 1 minute interview
You do have to work hard in this company, especially the Audit division. However there is a side of this that is very good for your development. I think it is essential to work hard if you want to progress your career. I still manage to not work too much over time.
The general training provided and CA training provided are priceless and therefore the salary is slightly low however the experiences that you have are also invaluable.
The social events and audit drinks are the best, as well as client and non-client lunches and social events. We also get awards for exceptional performance with monetary values attached that we are able to select gift vouchers for.
A majority of the managers and ADs are approachable and ready to give advice moving forward. Internal communication can be a little difficult when individuals are busy.
One week of tax training interstate for all graduates and weekly internal trainings
There is a promotion cycle but good work is rewarded especially after your first few years. It is hard to move faster than the promotion cycle.
My workplace is extremely diverse. Often people are conversing in Russian or Afrikaans. Everyone is very interesting as they all have a different background and a different story to tell. As a woman in my workplace I feel equal and I have all of the opportunities that the men have.
Recruits from all universities.
Division wide volunteer hours given- our division did a volunteer day at a wildlife park. Are also programs for mentoring high school children etc. I have been involved in a reading program with primary school aged children.
A bit dated and lacking colour, but digital work space and open work plan in line with new companies. Dress code is quite formal.
Moving towards paper free workplace. Recycling bins available.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...At EY, we’ll give you the flexibility to explore different opportunities, so you can create a career that matches your professional goals.