- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
University of Technology Sydney
Assistant Development Manager
David, Masters of Property Development Bachelor of Property Economics; Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, UTS, 2013
1. Describe your Graduate Program experience? (Roles, rotations, projects etc.)
Rotation 1: Darling Square - coordinated and managed the process to achieve construction certificates in order for Darling Square to start onsite in a constrained timeframe. Prepared a summary competition analysis to track major competing projects with the template used for the wider Urban Regeneration projects by the National Planning Manager.
Rotation 2: Retail Finance - Created and managed sub-CA’s to the main project CA for the redevelopment of Macarthur Square shopping centre. Aided in the process of preparing documentation and attending meetings with the owners to get the development over the line.
Rotation 3: Barangaroo Retail - Involved in the delivery and opening of the first Canteen tenants as well as temporary operators on launch. Liaised with planners and other consultants to prepare generic planning, acoustic and plan of management reports to accompany retailers Development Applications for lodgement with council.
Rotation 4: Communities, Sustainability - worked on the Green Star community submissions for a number of projects nationally as well as drafting a document summarising the requirements to achieve each green star point. Attended and contributed to SproutHub scoping sessions exploring early temporary activation hubs within newly established communities.
2. What do you love about Lendlease or what has been your proudest moment at Lendlease and why?
What I love about Lendlease is how Lendlease is genuine in their commitment to safety, community, sustainability and diversity & inclusion. A lot of companies make these statements just to tick a box whereas Lendlease lives, breaths and believes their responsibility to not only better the lives of those who live, work and play in the places we create, but its employees who make it all happen.
3. Reflecting on your experience to date, what has been your biggest learning curve either on the job or through the structured L&D courses? One of the biggest learning curves was throughout the Presentation Skills workshop, where we were asked to present to the group on a topic with absolutely no preparation. Speaking in front of others is not always the easiest even when you feel prepared, but it was a good experience to go beyond my comfort zone, learning how to think on my feet, understanding the importance of developing these skills going forward in anyone’s career.
4. What’s the best piece of career advice you have been given?
The best piece of career advice has been to say yes to every opportunity that comes your way. Challenging yourself with tasks and in roles you may not have considered is not only a great way to gain invaluable experience, but your eagerness to accept it in the first place will always be remembered by those who set it.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to people interested in joining Lendlease on the Graduate Program, what would you say?
Show your passion. Lendlease is proactive and genuine about driving innovation and leaving a positive legacy on all communities in which operate in, in a forward thinking and sustainable way. This is the kind of thinking and passion which goes into every Lendlease project, big and small. Lendlease is dedicated to developing, fostering and supporting people whose personal values and aspirations align the above, so if that is you, make sure your passion radiates in everything that you do.