Our Summer Intern Program is designed to back you in this early stage of your career, to help you develop the skills, knowledge and network with which to build an exciting and inspiring career, no matter where it takes you.
How our Summer Intern Program works
Our program consists of a one week Employability and Future Skills development program followed by a 6-week immersive business placement. You'll not only gain insights into the banking and finance industry, but also into yourself with a personal action plan. You'll be provided career coaching to determine what you want from your career and how to achieve it.
At the end of our program, you'll have the opportunity to apply and receive an early offer for our Graduate Program the following year.
Summer Intern Program dates
You'll need to be free to commence full time employment for 7 weeks (exclusive of 3 weeks unpaid leave over the festive period).
- 25 Nov 2019 to 29 Nov 2019 – NAB Intern Induction
- 2 Dec 2019 to 20 Dec 2019 – 3 week Business Placement
- 20 Dec 2019 to 12 Jan 2020 – 3 week holiday leave (unpaid)
- 13 Jan 2020 to 31 Jan 2020 – 3 week Business Placement
Summer Intern Program Streams
- Business & Private Banking – Join Australia's largest business bank. With our focus on small to medium businesses and investors we're passionate about providing specialised financial products, market insights and advice to help our customers thrive across different industries. You'll have a varied learning experience with exposure to business lending products, financial analysis, account transactions and customer service.
- Corporate & Institutional Banking - Join our teams that provide global financial insights and solutions to leading corporations beyond the ASX 250 segment. See how we help our customers with debt structuring, funding solutions, research, trading and custodial services to superannuation, insurance and investment managers.
- Project Delivery & Planning- Project Delivery & Planning are responsible for successfully delivering changes that focus on great customer experiences. We partner with different business units and build teams with diverse and exceptional skills to deliver value in the most effective and sustainable way possible.
The Application Process
To be eligible for our Summer Intern Program you MUST:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application
- In your penultimate (second last) year of your undergraduate/postgraduate degree and free to commence full time employment by January 2021? *
- Commit to and be available for full time employment over the 7 week program (exclusive of 3 weeks unpaid holiday leave from 20 Dec to 13 Jan).
Complete the online application and if successful you'll progress to an online test, video interview and assessment centre. Assessment centres are held by stream location in one of our main offices. If you're successful in progressing to this stage you'll need to attend in person at your own cost.
Please visit our website for more information.