- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by NAB graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.8GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at NAB. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Opportunity to move around teams outside my rotation to get a better understanding of areas of personal interest.
- The culture, people & opportunities
- Learning & Development Opportunity
- Going through 3 rotations in 3 different teams thus getting exposure through a number of places within the company.
- NAB has an outstanding culture premised on equality and merit.
- Inability to choose or preference rotation places.
- Technology and communication, although there is lots of work and improvements being made in these areas now.
- Certain teams are not as concerned about graduate development as others.
- I commute about 2 hours each way to get to and from work.
- My current role is process heavy - and it is easy to get caught up in the grind of punching out what needs to be done.
What insiders say about…
The graduate program just wasn't for me. You need to be really clear on what stream you apply for to make sure its the most suitable one for you, to get the most out of the experience.
Friendly and open.
Written application > Aptitude testing > Video interview > Assessment centre > Group interview
Why do you want to work for NAB? Describe a time had to work with a difficult colleague.
Read the website and news on the company - make sure you learn about the company's activities outside your area of interest (e.g. community involvement). Practice any and all interview questions you can think of. Use the STAR approach.
There will be times at which you are expected to work above and beyond ordinary working hours. Otherwise, NAB is both flexible and accommodating with regard to working hours.
The pay is fine (Who would say no to a pay rise?) for a graduate, I am content with it. Although we do not receive bonuses as grads, we receive about $1000 worth of company shares (a bonus would be great though).
Waived fees on credit cards and etc. I'm sure there are more, as I haven't really used them.
All my managers and mentors have been extremely helpful, and are accessible at all times! We constantly meet formally and informally to talk about performance and etc.
I've been trained in Agile, taken a program designed to boost women's visibility in the workplace
From what we have seen from previous grads, it looks like graduate move up pretty well within the company.
The company is extremely inclusive, especially women in leadership roles.
The company seeks to promote environmental, social and governance initiatives, whether it be through its commitment to reducing water usage or funding green energy developments.
The main headquarters for my company is fairly new and as such, so are the facilities. The desk space is still not quite as modern as PwC or Google but I still quite like it. The dress code in finance is a suit without a tie and we have business casual Fridays.
Although NAB is committed to reducing its carbon footprint, it pays much greater attention to reducing its environmental footprint more broadly.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.