- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by NAB graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.8GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at NAB. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Opportunity to move around teams outside my rotation to get a better understanding of areas of personal interest.
- The culture, people & opportunities
- Learning & Development Opportunity
- Going through 3 rotations in 3 different teams thus getting exposure through a number of places within the company.
- NAB has an outstanding culture premised on equality and merit.
- Inability to choose or preference rotation places.
- Technology and communication, although there is lots of work and improvements being made in these areas now.
- Certain teams are not as concerned about graduate development as others.
- I commute about 2 hours each way to get to and from work.
- My current role is process heavy - and it is easy to get caught up in the grind of punching out what needs to be done.
What insiders say about…
My rotation in the Asset Management Strategy team has given me so much exposure to the current and future prospects of this business, and also the ability to meet so many people!
NAB has a very welcoming culture with people very keen to show you around, teach you and allow you to shadow. It also has a fantastic work-life balance with both my bosses encouraging exercise at lunch.
As I was internal, the assessments comprised of the usual online type assessments and I had a two on one interview.
Why do you want to join the company? Unfortunately I can't remember the rest!
Do thorough research on the banking industry as it is highly regulated and any prior knowledge will look impressive.
Work hours depend on the team you work with. My experience has been front line, and so you need to be in the office more to respond to customers. If something comes up, however, the team is flexible about you popping in and out of the office.
The pay is decent, particularly compared to other graduate programs. It is not as good as some of the other banks however.
The NAB staff club gives you access to a huge number of discounted tickets, merchandise and goods you can purchase. There are also a number of employee benefits for financial products.
Varies, personally, I've had great managers who were supportive and help you develop, the performance conversation is getting easier.
Once again, this depends heavily on how managers train their respective graduates.
Promotion and career advancement is based on merit with many young managers within the organisation. There is, however, limited scope to be promoted within certain areas of the organisation.
NAB is actively promotes and supports diversity through its social and cultural outreach programs.
There are various initiatives and programs to attract Graduate talent from less privileged backgrounds. With particular attention paid to the African-Australian community.
I've personally worked on a deep dive into our product and service offerings to ensure we're not exacerbating the impact for customers experiencing domestic and family violence (including financial).
The office space is very open with the "flexi-desking" happening on most levels. As mentioned before I commute 2 hours to work, it would be great if i could possibly sit at a business banking centre maybe once or twice a week, to break-up the travel. Across the building there is casual Fridays which is great!
Green buildings, stop putting coffee cups in recyclingJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.