- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by NAB graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.8GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at NAB. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Opportunity to move around teams outside my rotation to get a better understanding of areas of personal interest.
- The culture, people & opportunities
- Learning & Development Opportunity
- Going through 3 rotations in 3 different teams thus getting exposure through a number of places within the company.
- NAB has an outstanding culture premised on equality and merit.
- Inability to choose or preference rotation places.
- Technology and communication, although there is lots of work and improvements being made in these areas now.
- Certain teams are not as concerned about graduate development as others.
- I commute about 2 hours each way to get to and from work.
- My current role is process heavy - and it is easy to get caught up in the grind of punching out what needs to be done.
What insiders say about…
The graduate program just wasn't for me. You need to be really clear on what stream you apply for to make sure its the most suitable one for you, to get the most out of the experience.
The company is really large and always transforming, so there is bound to be differences in culture across teams. The business unit you rotate into will determine the experience you will have as a graduate.
The interview process quite long - it involved an online application, psychometric assessments, a video interview and then an assessment centre. The team were accessible and communicated throughout the entire process, which was fantastic.
I was asked about my life experiences, instances I exhibited leadership and teamwork, and how I see myself as fitting within the NAB values.
NAB hires based on behaviour and cultural fit. You can be the smartest person in the room, but if you can't connect with people then you won't be a good fit for the organisation. Be yourself in the interviews.
I work decent hours but am allowed to get out for exercise at lunch which I really value.
Good graduate rate
Interest free yearly myki, no annual fee credit cards
It depends on the manager. I've had hands off managers, and very good managers who schedule in fortnightly coaching meetings. Thankfully, I've mostly had attentive managers. They always encourage me to push myself further.
A lot of business but not a lot of technical ones. Don't expect cutting edge technology training programs unless you work in Technology.
As the structure of the company is flattening, it is not always easy to move up the ranks in the company. It is often the case that you need to take side steps to gain more skills in order to advance your career.
The company is extremely inclusive, especially women in leadership roles.
There are a number of opportunities for graduates to get involved in NAB's CSR initiatives. I have personally helped run a fundraiser for a NAB Community customer, and am currently working with other graduates on a social business project with the Corporate Responsibility team. There are also opportunities to be involved in the Australian African Inclusion Program, as well as Diversity and Inclusion and Gender Equality initiatives.
If you're at the major locations, the offices are fantastic, there're three major buildings and each of them are different.
Although NAB is committed to reducing its carbon footprint, it pays much greater attention to reducing its environmental footprint more broadly.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.