- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Reviews by NAB graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar3.8GradAustralia surveyed 12 graduates working at NAB. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 12 responses.
- Opportunity to move around teams outside my rotation to get a better understanding of areas of personal interest.
- The culture, people & opportunities
- Learning & Development Opportunity
- Going through 3 rotations in 3 different teams thus getting exposure through a number of places within the company.
- NAB has an outstanding culture premised on equality and merit.
- Inability to choose or preference rotation places.
- Technology and communication, although there is lots of work and improvements being made in these areas now.
- Certain teams are not as concerned about graduate development as others.
- I commute about 2 hours each way to get to and from work.
- My current role is process heavy - and it is easy to get caught up in the grind of punching out what needs to be done.
What insiders say about…
My day to day responsibilities involve a lot of interaction with customers and responding to their requests. I work with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external, and as a graduate there is a lot of opportunity for me to be involved in all parts of the lending process. The day-to-day of a frontline banker is very fast paced, and always changing.
Friendly and open.
It was a very smooth process from the application, to the online testing, then and interview with 2 managers.
They were all mainly behavioural questions. Trying to find out what type of a person i was, what i would do in a certain situation and etc. Also questions about the company.
Be yourself, respectful, polite and energetic. Don't be fake, and definitely know most of the key details about the company.
Incredibly flexible and accommodating, again, varies from team to team.
The pay is decent for a big four bank. Graduates do not receive bonuses.
It depends on the manager. I've had hands off managers, and very good managers who schedule in fortnightly coaching meetings. Thankfully, I've mostly had attentive managers. They always encourage me to push myself further.
Once again, this depends heavily on how managers train their respective graduates.
From what we have seen from previous grads, it looks like graduate move up pretty well within the company.
NAB is actively promotes and supports diversity through its social and cultural outreach programs.
There are various initiatives and programs to attract Graduate talent from less privileged backgrounds. With particular attention paid to the African-Australian community.
The company seeks to promote environmental, social and governance initiatives, whether it be through its commitment to reducing water usage or funding green energy developments.
The main headquarters for my company is fairly new and as such, so are the facilities. The desk space is still not quite as modern as PwC or Google but I still quite like it. The dress code in finance is a suit without a tie and we have business casual Fridays.
Green buildings, stop putting coffee cups in recyclingJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...
Suncorp GroupSuncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand.Whatever your background or area of academic study, we value the intellect, personality and integrity of an individual.