NDIA's Graduate Program
We need a passionate, dedicated and motivated workforce to realise the goals of the NDIA: enhancing the quality of life and increasing the economic and social participation of Australians with disability. If you are passionate about social inclusion and diversity, and you meet the eligibility criteria, we would love to hear from you.
18-month graduate program with a leadership emphasis:
Our 18-month program runs from February 2020 to July 2021 and will put you on the fast track to success by providing:
- participation in the Australian Public Service (APS) Graduate Development Program in year one, followed by the NDIA's Accelerated Leadership Development Program.
- an opportunity to build strong professional networks within the Agency and the broader APS
- meaningful and diverse work experiences and rotations across the Agency and the communities we service, allowing you the opportunity to apply your professional practice in a wide range of operational contexts
- individual career planning and development opportunities aligned to your professional field of practice and areas of interest
- attractive benefits including travel, competitive remuneration and employment conditions that support a positive work-life balance.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for graduates who:
- are passionately connected with and committed to the Agency's purpose
- enjoy working collaboratively as part of a diverse, high performing team
- embrace change, are resilient and flexible in their approach to work and cope well with change
- have personal values aligned to our Agency Values of 'We Value People, We Aim Higher, We Grow Together, We Take Care'.
Who should apply?
Anyone meeting the eligibility criteria, with a passion for making a difference in the lives of Australians with disability should apply. In particular, we want to hear from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We value diversity in every respect, and welcome applications from graduates with diverse academic disciplines.
You are eligible if you:
- are an Australian citizen at the time of application
- have as a minimum an Australian recognised bachelor degree in the last two years (i.e. between January 2018 and January 2020) and can provide evidence of your qualification prior to commencing
- are willing to undergo pre-employment checks including a Police Records Check and a Working with Children Check.