- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Liaising with clients and providing them with advice and documentation
The culture is very much set around workload with the social club and charitable trust set in place as a buffer. Despite this there are still many who spent time doing things together out of the office.
A round one interview with the office manager and one other senior engineer followed by a second round assessment center which puts you in problem solving situations with the other graduates looking for the position
Behavioral interview questions relating to your people skills and problem solving skills
NDY is pretty flexible when it comes to work hours, however, when the work picks up it can be expected to be staying back when needed.
Five weeks annual leave and up to half a year's worth of gym membership paid.
Manager are very accessible and can be very good teachers, however due to the workload that they are required to complete it can sometimes be difficult to sit down and work through problems with them unless their current work demand is low.
There is lots of opportunity for training both internally and externally, it all depends on how much you want to do.
Not sure, just that I know rotations into different disciplines is achievable due to limited resourcing across the different departments.
The diversity in the company is good for the industry (females and nationalities), however it is not easy for le with kids if the partner does not have a less demanding job.
NDY has a charitable trust local to each office as well as internationally that support various local initiatives such as steptember and international causes such as work done by CARE Australia. Charitable work plays an important part of who NDY is as an organisation.
The office is located near North Sydney station and close to several bars for Friday Lunches.
As a building services design team there is a huge driver to make designs efficient and sustainableJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?