- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Create computational simulation to assess proposed infrastructure.
Most people stay in the office after hours. High achievers. People are driven and care about providing good service to the client. The mechanical team is social and being at work is enjoyable.
A round one interview with the office manager and one other senior engineer followed by a second round assessment center which puts you in problem solving situations with the other graduates looking for the position
Behavioral interview questions relating to your people skills and problem solving skills
Hours are flexible, but as a graduate, my hours are quite long in order to learn and understand tasks in order to deliver them to an adequate standard.
From what I have heard, it is less than previous years due to a restructuring, but pay rises do occur at about 4%
For birthdays, receive free movie tickets. Taxis and dinners are also provided if working back late at the office.
Due to the size of the office, it is inevitable that managers need to work with graduates. The managers are good mentors in providing their technical knowledge, but due to limited resourcing , it is difficult to set aside time to talk with them
The company does its best to provide staff with internal and external training opportunities including travel to worthwhile interstate training events
You need to perform well and work hard. When you reach a certain level you become a shareholder in the company.
This, I think, is an industry problem for the most part. However my company is doing a lot to try and reach out to diversify employees
There is always a push for increased awareness for women in the engineering workplace, and as well as equal privileges for woman
High end fit out with all the perks including table tennis table and open office. Dress code is business casual.
As a building services design team there is a huge driver to make designs efficient and sustainableJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?