- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Liaising with clients and providing them with advice and documentation
Everyone is helpful and enjoys the social side
I undertook two (2) interviews, one with a member of the HR team and one with one of the electrical team leaders. After successfully completing these I was offered the position.
Why I was interested in the building services industry. What was my previous work experience and how can I apply that to NDY.
Have an understanding of building services, and what projects NDY has done in the past, it is always good to display an interest in the company you are applying for.
Very flexible however I (and everyone else in the office) tend to spend way longer than the required hours in the office.
The current bonus system works well and makes you feel like you have accomplished something by working hard throughout the year. I believe the pay rate is lower than other engineering firms but the community at NDY makes it a non-factor
The company pays for a lot of team fitness events (e.g. Corporate Triathlon, Bridge to Brisbane, Corporate Games, etc.)
Manager are very accessible and can be very good teachers, however due to the workload that they are required to complete it can sometimes be difficult to sit down and work through problems with them unless their current work demand is low.
External training is provided for respective disciplines. Internally, training is not really structured, and is based on the job training via tasks.
I am not 100% sure how easy/difficult this is as I have not gotten up to this stage of my career.
This, I think, is an industry problem for the most part. However my company is doing a lot to try and reach out to diversify employeesJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?