- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Designing mechanical systems for fitouts etc.
Virtual global team, work is shared between locations. Occasional socialising after work
The interview process consisted of online personality and cognitive ability assessments as well a face to face interview with two of the companys directors. Overall the process was quite quick once the initial application had been accepted. Quick feedback was key to a more enjoyable interview experience.
1. Explain a time when you displayed leadership 2. Explain a time when you had to overcome a challenge. What was the challenge and how do you solve it? 3. What do you want to achieve from working at NDY
Come prepared verbally and mentally with as much experience in and outside the field of engineering as possible. Everything you bring will add something new to the company.
Company is flexible when it comes to hours and work arrangements but at the end of the day work needs to get done and that sometimes means putting in notable extra hours
I'm a grad - so the pay is good but still an amateur salary (which I understand, so no qualms with it), and haven't got a bonus yet since I'm still new.
Laptop for working, Friday night beers, end of trip facilities.
The managers are all out in the floor with the other employees. The office managers are frequently on the floor and are always at Friday afternoon drinks with the employees.
Good weekly training sessions and external sessions. Always have an engineer available to ask questions.
Not sure, just that I know rotations into different disciplines is achievable due to limited resourcing across the different departments.
This, I think, is an industry problem for the most part. However my company is doing a lot to try and reach out to diversify employees
NDY Charitable Trust provides assistance to a number of charities in Australia and Overseas
The office space in Melbourne is ample, the location suitable and the facilities sustainable. Dress code is between formal and smart casual.
Recycling facilities and initiatives to reduce paper usageJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?