- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Liaising with clients and providing them with advice and documentation
Everyone is supportive and happy to help you out when needed. People work hard to get jobs done but when it is time to relax, have a beer, play ping-pong everyone is laid back and fun to be around
The interview process consisted of online personality and cognitive ability assessments as well a face to face interview with two of the companys directors. Overall the process was quite quick once the initial application had been accepted. Quick feedback was key to a more enjoyable interview experience.
1. Explain a time when you displayed leadership 2. Explain a time when you had to overcome a challenge. What was the challenge and how do you solve it? 3. What do you want to achieve from working at NDY
Come prepared verbally and mentally with as much experience in and outside the field of engineering as possible. Everything you bring will add something new to the company.
Hours are flexible, but as a graduate, my hours are quite long in order to learn and understand tasks in order to deliver them to an adequate standard.
It is ok.
Beer and social events.
Due to the size of the office, it is inevitable that managers need to work with graduates. The managers are good mentors in providing their technical knowledge, but due to limited resourcing , it is difficult to set aside time to talk with them
We have regular supplier visits and internal training sessions.
You need to perform well and work hard. When you reach a certain level you become a shareholder in the company.
There is a wide variety of people employed at NDY.
Charity programs and volunteering days.
The office space is average even though an office refurbishment has been done. They did not hire very good designers, so the carpet is hideous! However there are now more office plants which are nice. The location is good with plenty of gyms/lunch/coffee around. Dress code is very formal when seeing clients. Some people dress up more than others, however most people does not wear a tie /heels in the office.
Recycling facilities and initiatives to reduce paper usageJoin us to bookmark!You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.Join us to bookmark!You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsWe’ll remind you when course or scholarship deadlines are approaching, so you’ll have time to prepare the perfect applicationOpen days and eventsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest information on open days and other events at institutions you’ve shown interest in.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your course applications in one place. We’ll let you know when application deadlines are approaching.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?