- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Norman Disney & Young Reviews
Reviews by Norman Disney & Young graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.1GradAustralia surveyed 11 graduates working at Norman Disney & Young. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 11 responses.
- Exposure and level of responsibility
- Very welcoming culture, good people/community, and diverse opportunities for learning different disciplines/areas of building services.
- People, work is interesting, workplace is great and the flexible working is great too
- The variety of work and charitable endeavours that NDY supports is something that I look forward to contributing too on a daily basis.
- The people, work life balance and the support I receive from everyone
- Project based work means fluctuating work hours
- Would like some more greenery around the office!
- The quantity of work can be quite large at times and the demand to complete it in very short timeframes can be tiring.
- Can't really think of any
- Going home at night.
What insiders say about…
Performing calcs, designing systems, communicating.
Everyone is helpful and enjoys the social side
What I knew about heat transfer fundamentals, where I demonstrated leadership, my experience in my current job that would lend skills to the new job.
Make sure you have examples for all the types of questions that could come up.
Never really asked but I generally work overtime
The current bonus system works well and makes you feel like you have accomplished something by working hard throughout the year. I believe the pay rate is lower than other engineering firms but the community at NDY makes it a non-factor
The company pays for a lot of team fitness events (e.g. Corporate Triathlon, Bridge to Brisbane, Corporate Games, etc.)
Managers are great
Formal training includes the graduate induction program and rotations around the various aspects of the company during the first few weeks of starting work. The induction program was valuable learning about the company and different industries that contribute to the construction industry. Informal training includes lunch and learn sessions where a supplier will come in and share information regarding their products over lunch. This has been helpful in acquiring greater knowledge of industry products and practices. Other training includes NDY supporting various industry events whereby you can attend out of hours.
Not sure, just that I know rotations into different disciplines is achievable due to limited resourcing across the different departments.
Maternity/paternity leave is provided. Very diverse field of people, and respect for everyone is part of culture.
NDY has a charitable trust local to each office as well as internationally that support various local initiatives such as steptember and international causes such as work done by CARE Australia. Charitable work plays an important part of who NDY is as an organisation.
The office space in Melbourne is ample, the location suitable and the facilities sustainable. Dress code is between formal and smart casual.
They have keep cups you can use and try to use less paper.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.People also viewed...We're building infrastructure for the future. We're looking for people to join our high-performing team. Who knows where it might take you?