- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Nous Group Reviews
Reviews by Nous Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at Nous Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- Working on a wide variety of projects with varying teams of people within the organisation
- The people, the interesting and challenging work, the ability to make a positive influence
- Working on a huge variety of different projects over the course of a year. Learning heaps of new things all the time, everyday.
- Company culture, colleagues and the work
- Flexibility, self-management, great culture
- Never feeling like you fully know what you're doing.
- Long hours, high pressure
- The toll on the lives of our grads and more junior staff is not recognised, as it is said to be comparatively "not as bad" as the big four. Not only do the long hours take a toll, it is a double hit to feel that you need to just suck it up because other companies have it worse.
What insiders say about…
Depending on the project: designing and facilitating workshops, human centered design, research, stakeholder engagement, business model development
The culture at Nous is a big deal. We work hard, support each other and try to find time to properly connect. Everyone tries to make time to get to know each other on a personal level but it isn't always possible due to the long work hours. We have Friday drinks and pot luck lunches. The hierarchy is quite flat at Nous. We have some extremely experienced and senior people working here but they will listen to our opinions and are happy to chat anytime.
Nous has a fairly complicated interview process. From memory, there was a generic skills assessment, a take home case study, an interview with HR and an interview with the local office.
There were a lot of questions which were asking about demonstrations of problem solving and collaboration skills. There was also another case study.
Long hours but expected in consulting. It's very flexible as you self manage your time and can work from anywhere.
Generally happy with the salary. It is higher than big 4 consulting, and lower than 'MBB consulting (although MBB consulting requires double the hours). Bonus is generous and provided equally to all employees, regardless of level.
We each have one main mentor/manager here at Nous. They provide us with performance feedback (collated from the rest of the organisation), answer our questions, assist us to navigate potentially tricky situations, help us pursue our development goals, etc.
I have not done much training yet. We get a big week of training at Induction when we first start which is excellent (if a little full on). There are then short training sessions run sporadically throughout the year which everyone can attend. Nous has a great attitude around professional development though. If there is some skill you particularly want to build, you just need to discuss with your mentor and there would be few barriers to this I expect. In quiet times, we are actively encouraged to seek out development opportunities.
In my first year I have already received a pay rise. the organisation has a transparent pay process that is linked to title based promotions. I think this is a core cultural strength of the organisation
Majority women, almost even split in leadership - very good.
We have partnerships with some organisations yet I feel we could do more here, especially with regard to socio-economic diversity.
Dedicated "green team", socially conscious work and we run a series of pro-bono project every year
The space is fantastic. We are sometimes short of desks though so hot-desking can be frustrating.
Green team, always purchase travel carbon offsets, committed to carbon neutrality.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.