- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Environment and agriculture
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- Construction and property services
- Human resources
- IT and communications
- Creative arts and culture
- Education and training
- Mining, oil and gas
- Energy and utilities
- Retail and consumer goods
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Transport and logistics
- Entertainment, travel and hospitality
- Top 100
- Further Study
- Log in
- Sign up
Nous Group Reviews
Reviews by Nous Group graduate employees
- starstarstarstarstar4.3GradAustralia surveyed 8 graduates working at Nous Group. Read on to get an insider’s view on life as a graduate. 8 responses.
- Working on a wide variety of projects with varying teams of people within the organisation
- The people, the interesting and challenging work, the ability to make a positive influence
- Working on a huge variety of different projects over the course of a year. Learning heaps of new things all the time, everyday.
- Company culture, colleagues and the work
- Flexibility, self-management, great culture
- Never feeling like you fully know what you're doing.
- Long hours, high pressure
- The toll on the lives of our grads and more junior staff is not recognised, as it is said to be comparatively "not as bad" as the big four. Not only do the long hours take a toll, it is a double hit to feel that you need to just suck it up because other companies have it worse.
What insiders say about…
Depending on the project: designing and facilitating workshops, human centered design, research, stakeholder engagement, business model development
Flat structure where everyone's opinion is valued. Have the chance to work with bright minds across the organisation. Strong emphasis placed on culture and it shows, every day at work is fun.
Marketing sizing verbal case
Work out how your skills and experience are transferable to consulting work. Focus on your ability to learn, improve, and curiosity
The consulting industry is marked by 200 hour months and our company is no different. We do however have a good working from home option, with tech support to facilitate working remotely.
Generally happy with the salary. It is higher than big 4 consulting, and lower than 'MBB consulting (although MBB consulting requires double the hours). Bonus is generous and provided equally to all employees, regardless of level.
Senior people at Nous (e.g. Directors and Principals) are very accessible. Because the project teams are considerably smaller (e.g. 3-8 people, rather than 30+ people) you are interacting and learning from Senior Nousers every day. No one at Nous has a direct Manager, we work in a matrix structure.
Nous takes the 70/20/10 training, so a lot of the training is more informal and on the job. In saying that, there is still lots of opportunities for more formal professional development. 1 week induction training introducing Nous and consulting skills. Facilitation training. Data analytics training. Project management training.
Nous promotes people as soon as they are ready, rather than promoting people every year regardless of performance. As soon as you are ready to Project Manager, this will be identified and you will be promoted. There are only 4 levels at Nous, so promotions aren't as frequent (as if you were working in an organisation with 8+ levels of hierarchy). You do however progress each performance cycle with charge out increases and pay increases.
Nous is hugely committed to the concept of Diversity. In reality, they are not quite as good but the commitment is really, truly there and improvements are being made all the time. It is very openly discussed at Nous and there will always be appetite for improvement.
Dedicated "green team", socially conscious work and we run a series of pro-bono project every year
All the offices I have seen (only two) are very lovely places to be. Very open, plants everywhere, great views, bright and light. The dress code is super casual and entirely dependent on the day you will have. For example, if I don't have a client meeting then I will wear jeans and a t-shirt and Birkenstocks. If I do have a client meeting, I will wear a blazer and heels. Both are completely acceptable in our office. We dress for the occasion.
We are carbon neutralJoin us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.Join us to bookmark!
You'll be able to save searches and much more if you register for free today!Why Sign Up?Personalised alertsGet instant notification about Australia's top graduate jobs and internships openings.Latest insightsWe’ll keep you up-to-date with the latest articles and insights to help you succeed in your graduate job hunt.Your own applications dashboardKeep track of all your job applications in one place.