Oliver Wyman is committed to supporting high achieving women to forge successful careers in management consulting. The Oliver Wyman Women's Scholarship is intended to provide ambitious and driven female students in Australia insight and exposure into the consulting industry.
The scholarship recipient will be provided with:
- $15,000 AUD
- A senior female Oliver Wyman mentor
- Internship opportunity in Sydney over the summer which may include time in an overseas office within the Asia Pacific region.
Come aboard if you are excited by challenges and at ease working across cultures. You'll find interesting people who speak their minds and measure success not by how many hours are worked but by what gets accomplished.
Immediate impact, continuous challenge
- During your internship, you'll work on 1-2 challenging projects that have a significant impact on clients, industries, and societies.
- You'll be a full team member, with responsibility for a distinct piece of work that will help the team deliver breakthrough impact.
- We'll ask you to challenge the norm and strive to build something new to shape our firm and the world around us.
Chart your course; we support the journey
- Throughout your internship, we will demonstrate our commitment to your growth and development, and to helping you chart your post-graduate course.
- You'll learn on the job via our apprenticeship model. Much of your focus will be on research and analysis, and you may also have opportunities to begin developing your communication, presentation, and client-management skills.
- We care about you succeeding and you'll be supported every step of the way. You will be mentored and coached by numerous colleagues, from partners and consultants to a dedicated "buddy," formal "mentor," and an "intern captain" overseeing the program.
We hire you to be you
- Our open, inclusive, and down-to-earth culture will enable you to bring your authentic self to work.
- There's no corporate mold to fit and hierarchy doesn't get in the way.
- Many of your colleagues will become life-long friends.
Who Can Apply
- The Scholarship is open to female penultimate year students graduating in 2021 and available to start full-time from 2022
- We look for applicants who display initiative, intuition and creativity with a strong problem solving and analytical mindset
- We do not require specific academic major or industry experience
- We value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of your studies
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- To be eligible, you must be permitted to work in Australia on a full-time basis at the time that you submit your application.
How to Apply
Apply online by 15 April 2020
Your application should include a CV (max of 2 pages with ATAR, University WAM/Cumulative GPA, expected graduation date), cover letter and academic transcript in order to be considered.
Please note you do not need to submit a separate application for our Summer Internship Program if applying for our Women's Scholarship. Selected applicants for the Scholarship interviews can still receive summer intern offers even if they are not awarded the Scholarship.