- Search Graduate Jobs
- Browse Employers
- Accounting and advisory
- Engineering, R&D and manufacturing
- Banking and financial services
- Government and public services
- Charity, social work and volunteering
- IT and communications
- Construction and property services
- Mining, oil and gas
- Creative arts and culture
- Retail and consumer goods
- Education and training
- Transport and logistics
- Top 100
- Log in
- Sign up
University of Technology Sydney
Senior Business Manager
Joseph studied Business Degree at University of Technology Sydney
What's your job about?
Import and distributes chemicals/raw materials – our responsibility is to sell and implement marketing strategies for end users to purchase via Redox.
My daily work :
- Contact customers about current stock levels of items purchased via Redox already
- Discuss and promote alternative materials to compete with the customers’ existing materials
- As a product manager, purchase and monitor stock levels of items that fall into my portfolio, creating purchase orders with overseas suppliers where necessary.
What's your background?
I grew up in Fairfield.
6 years at Redox, I have achieved this role through perseverance and taking my opportunities.
Could someone with a different background do your job?
Yes – an individual who can take on information and translate it to the everyday person is what is needed. Someone you can provide quality and reliable service and be humble about it. They must be determined and confident and boast communication skills and good people skills.
What's the coolest thing about your job?
Visiting customers sites and going through tours is exciting. Hearing customers say thank you and appreciate your hard work and dedication is always rewarding
What are the limitations of your job?
No weekend work required, but during Monday to Friday it is pretty full on as there are a number of customers within ones portfolio to manage. Time management is key in order to accomplish all the necessary tasks. In terms of limitations, the chemical sales industry is a niche industry, it is difficult to obtain employment outside of this industry once you have entered it (i.e, 10 years work experience in chemical sales does not translate to experience in sales within the advertising & media industry).
Pieces of advice for yourself when you were a student...
Study hard and do your best. End of the day, High Distinctions does not necessarily represent a successful career.